Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

Got in right before they set they batch off to be made.

Looking forward to the I5 with 32-64gb memory for the cad and art I do. This machine lets me build the unicorn I needed. I’ll use a virtual server for the really big stuff when I get there.

I was looking at 2500 dollar machines before this.

I drop things. That’s a lot.of.money to drop on the floor.

It’s being toted from home to workshop. Its going to be on a desk most of it’s life.

Memory and MVNE are going to be purchased on Black Friday or there about. I need a new monitor and probably going 30-32 inch 4k. I also need to find my number pad. I use a Kinesis keyboard due to wrist problems.

Not sure I need a 4th gen MVNE drive?

Not even sure I need 64gb of ram but I’d rather not buy 2 16’s and then have to try and sell them.

Coder friend told me about this machine and I could not be happier.

No, probably not. Unless you’re doing constant video editing or some other very storage intensive workload you’re not going to need a PCIE4.0 NVME, a normal 3.0 one would do just fine. If you want a premium option I’d recommend the SK Hynix P31, otherwise options like the Crucial P5 and WD SN750 are great options as well.

2 Likes

Just received my “preparing to ship” email!

I’m part of batch 4 and I haven’t gotten my tracking number yet. I was charged on the 27th, so I’m expecting mine to ship any day. Fingers crossed!

Got my email and squared away a new payment method set up for the remainder of the cost. I can’t wait to have an actually functioning laptop again!

Got the email too, interesting that if you try to go through the order process on the site it say Batch 5 is Shipped. Like all the orders have been fulfilled. Wonder if that means they are able to keep up with demand now and things will ship in the next week?

2 Likes

Ordered batch 5 Oct 19, just received the email at 5:30P EDT Nov 2/21. Looking forward to doing 3d processing, Mathematica and video editing for my special needs son.

2 Likes

I got the email today! I placed my order on October 1st. Can’t wait for it to be delivered!

8 Likes

I got mine also!! Really excited!

2 Likes

Why the new thread? instead of the existing batch 5 thread?

1 Like

Oh sorry about that! I saw the batch four one but overlooked this one.

2 Likes

Welp…pobody’s nerfect. I was just psyched about my computer.

1 Like

It’s an exciting time for these. I cannot wait until mine is delivered, just got the notice today for batch 5.

1 Like

Nice! Yeah I haven’t been this excited for about a new computer in years. I got the DIY edition so it’s gonna be fun putting it together. I also got it without an OS and am going to try taking my first dive into Ubuntu. Should be an adventure!

Ordered Sep 29th, i7 DIY
Just got an email confirming my order is preparing to ship

1 Like

Woohoo! I’m sure you, like me, can’t wait to get your hands on it.

Just got an email regarding my order preparation :fire:
Ordered on October 15th, i7 DIY

That’s fast! Well done framework I wasn’t expecting an update so soon :rocket:

3 Likes

Ordered Sept 23rd. Got the preparing to ship email today. Excited to get it. Big upgrade from my 8th gen intel 5w TDP processor.

I have a falling apart pixelbook after using linux for most of my life. Many keys no longer work and I can’t replace them. There is a lot I like about chromeOS and crostini, especially from a security and simplicity perspective that I can’t get without heavily customizing a linux install. Still chromeos hardware mostly sucks and even with the high end stuff your stuck overpaying for a 512 GB drive. Crostini is almost good enough but not having direct USB access is a problem I’m no longer gonna wait around for.

Also lvfs seems like a really nice advancement for linux on the desktop. I hope more vendors support it going forward.

1 Like

November batch thread is under DIY category unlike October’s, so understandable to miss it.

Got my I5 preconfigured model preparing to ship notification today; order placed Sept 22nd, hopefully not too many Doctorow/Hackernews-influenced orders just in front of me.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding!

Haha I’m one of the Doctorow influenced, but I didn’t order until October 1.

2 Likes