Batch 8 Guild

Stage 4 mail received, for UK DIY.
Just like others reported, stage 3 was skipped.

2 Likes

Same for me here, order is shipping today. It seems packages are leaving from Taipei, by DPD/Chronopost carrier services (for France, at least).

6 Likes

UK, DIY i5. Also received my Stage 4, also completely skipped Stages 2 and 3! Note that I was charged my remaining balance without warning, so I’d recommend making sure your money’s in your account pronto.

I don’t like mornings, but that wasn’t the worst thing to wake up to :joy:

4 Likes

Also UK i7 DIY, havent received any emails since stage 2 email :neutral_face:

both of them are DIY i5, so no need to worry, the i7 orders will probably follow soon.

1 Like

A little late to the game but here’s my DIY edition specs shipping to Germany:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
  • Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™

Customization

• Keyboard: British English

Expansion Cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 DP
  • 2 USB-A

A guess it’s a little bit awkward for a native German to order with British layout but it’s so much better for programming…

Sadly I didn’t receive a later than stage 2 mail yet but I guess I’ll get it soon. I am SO HYPED. I love framework and it’s finally a worthy replacement for my more then 10 year old laptop.

5 Likes

Yup got my stage 4 email this morning too! :flight_departure::rocket:

I would be interested in the distribution of people in different states. Please answer only if you are in batch 8:

At what stage is your order?
  • Stage 1
  • Stage 2
  • Stage 3
  • Stage 4
  • Stage 5

0 voters

Edit: I would like to ask everyone not to change their vote if they receive an email. This poll is meant to create a snapshot of the current distribution and we can have a new poll in the future in order to gauge the difference.
Edit: Thanks everyone for participating. I will create another next week to see how the batch is progressing. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

UK DIY i5 here, but haven’t receive stage 4 email yet

2 Likes

Just realised I never detailed the configuration I went with, even though it’s supposed to be the whole point of this topic…

Mine is core i5, with bring you own ssd & ram (wd SN850 1To & 32GB crucial memory), along with the following extension cards :

• 2x USB-A
  • 2x USB-C
  • 1x HDMI
  • 1x 250Gb SSD

I will keep you guys posted on how smooth the whole delivery process goes.
Cheers !

1 Like

I received the “Your order has shipped” (Stage 5) email this morning :smiley:

( i7-1165G7 to Germany)

Unfortunately, the tracking link does not work yet and I am not sure which carrier they are using.

7 Likes

I’ve only seen DPD/chronopost yet.

DIY or prebuilt?

UK - DIY - i7 1165G7
BYO Storage & Memory (2TB SSD & 32GB RAM)

• 2x HDMI
  • 1x MicroSD
  • 2x USB-A
  • 4x USB-C

Last email was stage 2 but everyone seems to be saying they got no notice that the money was being taken and I had it sitting in a seperate account so I knew not to spend it - hopefully they didn’t try to take it and it failed.

A very quick google search says air freight delivery from Taipei to UK is 8-14 days door-to-doorr.

Really hoping it isn’t sent by sea.

Prebuilt

Expansion cards:

• 2x USB-C
  • 2x USB-A
  • 1x HDMI
  • 1x DP
1 Like

@Ashton_Watts someone on reddit mentioned that their tracking link says that it will take about 5 days for the package to arrive (germany). Maybe Framework got us express shipping, would be nice.

3 Likes

Looking at what DPD will offer me from the UK to Taiwan, it’s either 3-5 working days express or 5-7 working days not, but both obviously by air. I certainly hope it’s not going to be longer than that!

That said I did have a Canada > UK shipment that was on a 7-14 day service take 28 days not long ago :scream: Took a week to get out of Canada, then spent 4 days on holiday in LAX :joy:

I guess what it does confirm is that they are not shipping via a European distributor, which is a shame but predictable. Doesn’t instil much confidence that Marketplace will be coming along to Europe any time soon though, because running that out of Taiwan isn’t going to make a lot of sense :frowning:

3 Likes

UK, i5, DIY, just got stage 4 e-mail, mine also skipped stages 2 & 3.

1 Like

I suspect they’re trying to crash shipments to try and keep within schedule after the Lunar New Year celebrations - there’s a chance they have set up regional distribution and are simply bypassing that for this run?

Also, to further support the crashing shipment theory: UK progression lagged about 3 days behind France & Germany for the Stage 2 e-mails, but are pretty hot on the heels for Stage 4. I suspect Stage 5 will also happen pretty quickly for us! :smile:

Annnddd just a day later my order is at stage 5 now. NOICE

5 Likes

I wonder if it’s germany i7 taking a while in general or just me specifically. Ever since the Stage 2 mail on the 10th of Feb pretty much nothing happened.