Batch 8 Guild

I think the current recurring theme is the power adapter.

I really don’t see any pattern. I think it’s just the warehouse crew slowly going through thousands of orders in no particular order. Remember that we are only a fraction of the customers.

7 Likes

That and every one of them is slightly different. Have to be checked and packed. I think going forward the concept may be a real headache when volume really ramps up.

Maybe you order the laptop configured with ram and SSD or you get the empty. Then you order the expansion cards separately.

2 Likes

It’s not that difficult really, everything is individually packaged so it’s not any different to any other multi-SKU order. Just rather more expensive to keep in stock!

Just got my stage 5 shipping email, with tracking number!!!
UK DIY, i5

2 Likes

SHIPPED :package::flight_departure::black_heart:

• UK
  • i5 DIY
    • BYO RAM & SSD
    • No power adapter
    • Every type of expansion card, the madness compelled me…
  • Ordered: 2021-12-17
  • Stage 2: 2022-02-14
  • Stage 4: 2022-02-17
  • Stage 5: 2022-02-18
  • Delivered: ???

FYI everyone the courier for me seems to be DPD

Shipping individually from Taipei as we expected.

Tracking through: https://parcelsapp.com
(no affiliation, it was one of the top links for “international parcel tracking” on duck-duck-go)

4 Likes

My UK i5 ordered 16-12-21 (BYO NVME) now shipped :grinning:

Cheers for the courier info @Anubis - no tracking info available to me yet.

Something positive to take my mind off Storm Eunice battering my Gazebo :laughing:

@Richard_Bugg did your email not have had a tracking number near the top?

I didn’t order one, yet still no stage 4. :slight_smile:

@Anubis - yes I got a tracking number but there was no reference to who the courier might be, and the Track Package link from the website Orders page went nowhere.

I’ve since had a nose on DPD after your post and can now see all the details :+1:

Consignment Number ending #####13004 - we might even be on the same pallet :slight_smile:

It’ll either be Air Classic 4 - 6 days or Air Express 3 - 4 days.

2 Likes

Breaking news !

Delivery expected tomorrow, in France by Chronopost (Stage 5 email received yesterday, very early in the morning).

Shouldn’t be too long for folks in Germany as well, as it should be the same delivery service there (DPD & Chronopost are both part of the same group).

11 Likes

DPD UK recognised my tracking number UK order obviously) but simply says it has been collected from the sender, no other details yet.

2 Likes

DPD is fantastic news, they’re just about the only courier that seem to be reliable in the UK. Can’t wait to see that mine is on its way now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had no other details on the tracking as well, until the email I received just now for delivery tomorrow :wink:

Anyone who ordered his WITH a power supply and already got the shipping notification?

DIY base i5 without SSD and RAM, but with power supply here. Still on stage 4.

I ordered mine with power adapter and I have received the stage 5 email. UK i5 DIY with storage & RAM

You and me both brother :slight_smile:

Different cable.

I also ordered the base i5 without storage, RAM or power adaptor and am still on stage 4.

I ordered a i7 (SSD & RAM included) with power adapter and am on stage 2. (Germany, order date: 2nd January).