Batch 8 Guild

This definitely needs to be sharpened up going forward as things get bigger and bigger.

All looks a bit scatter gun.

1 Like

After doing a bit of research DPD uses Hainan Airlines for Asia to EU. Has twice weekly flights.

4 Likes

If that’s the case there don’t appear to be any today or tomorrow from what I’ve found

I’m unsure where DPD lands their aircraft in the EU. Looking at past flights, I would guess it would go to Shanghai or Guangzhou and fly to Brussels

It says France here: Lenton Group, a DPDgroup Asian-based company, enters into a strategic partnership with Hainan Airways, to charter weekly flights from China to France | Geopost, but I guess plans can change.

Lenton Group lists a number of hubs in the EU on their website, I was hoping they’d fly there directly. The blog post mentions that they entered that partnership out of necessity because there weren’t enough passenger flights at the time. It also focusses on China as the starting point. My guess/hope is that they went back to passenger flights if they ever even used Hainan for Taiwan.

3 Likes

Odd question: how many characters is everyone’s tracking number? DPD’s website keeps giving me an error that the number is formatted incorrectly. Google tells me DPD tracking numbers are typically 12 characters long, whereas mine is 11.

Apparently the fulfilment partner has been making a few mistakes only sending out a few less than needed digits, you should receive a email from DPD though.

1 Like

I just got the Stage 3 Email.
I5 to Germany

Same here! About 4h ago the stage 3 Mail arrived.
(DIY i7, charger, storage, ram, British layout | to Germany)

I got my stage 5 email with tracking info about an hour ago

UK DIY i7

1 Like

Also got an stage 3 mail during the night. i7 DIY No charger for Germany. EDIT: us international keyboard

Nighttime Stage 3 mail here too, Germany, i7, DIY, no charger.

hello,

This morning, I received Stage 3 email too.
Payment not yet processed, according to my bank account

(DYI, France, i5, 8gb, Ssd, French Keyboard, Power Adapter).

Now, ready for the next step. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got a stage 5, during the night.

It’s an i5, DIY, to England.

My tracking status is quite similar

Which website is it that you are using there? I don’t recognise it.

I wonder if there’s a situation where it’s a different entity in Taiwan and the text of the updates isn’t transferring through to DPD. Perhaps there’s a Taiwanese courier we don’t know about who’s job it is to get it onto the plane, and then DPD take over.

I also got an overnight Stage 5 email! UK DIY i7, charger included, brought my own SSD. The tracking number works on the DPD website, but the orange button on my order page does not. Really excited!

1 Like

I am using https://www.ship24.com/

1 Like

Interestingly when I look via https://www.dpdgroup.com/nl/mydpd/my-parcels/

I see below which I highly doubt it got into UK 18th but it maybe in customs in Taiwan.
Screenshot_20220222-102807

20 Dec 21: Ordered
22nd Feb: Just received tracking number.

1 Like