Batch 8 Guild

Off-topic but in anticipation of UK deliveries being shipped; what is the consensus of the forum, or to put it in another way, a popular recommendation for an eGPU to use with this laptop?

Are you sure you’ve been there since the 11th? I received the stage 4 message on the 15th and entered stage 5 a day later. From what I’ve read that’s about as long as it took for the others too.

Well, i havent recieved a stage 5 Email yet.

When did you originally place your order?

On the 16th of december, a few hours after it was available.

1 Like

They took my money and sent me the stage 4 email last Friday morning. I still haven’t got a shipping notification or tracking number…

1 Like

That is weird indeed then. I ordered around that time too. Then it is probably down to some component that’s causing delays I’d guess.

Let me search that for you…

There doesn’t appear to be a consensus, other than the troubling reports of eGPU usage overloading one of the USB-C ports causing a chip to burn out:

I really should be more patient (I know) but I was bored so contacted DPD for a little more information.

I was told…

We request you to contact your sender and ask them to raise an investigation with the sending depot

Not sure why it’s the customers job to go chasing a parcel once it’s been handed to DPD - perhaps I’m misconstruing the job of a courier :confused:

1 Like

All couries say this - I run an ecommerce business and regularly have customers contact me and say they spoke to the delivery company and were reffered back to me for more info but if I contact the courier they can’t tell me any more than they told the customer. It’s just a way to kick the can down the road and hope the thing gets delivered before anybody gets too angry.

3 Likes

If you’ve been on stage 4 since 11/02 I’d definitely drop them an email.

Here’s how mine went;
Stage 2 Email - 14/02/2022 17:30
Stage 4 Email - 18/02/2022 05:25
Stage 5 Email - 22/02/2022 05:14

I had something wrong in my memories. Stage 2 was 11th, stage 4 was the 16th. Still, it seems longer than what you guys told here

1 Like

@strrrra Batch 8 Guild - #244 by thefirelane

3 Likes

@thefirelane @strrrra I had the same problem and contacted support. No update until now.

2 Likes

Received my stage 3 email during the night. The money hasn’t left my account yet (or seems to have been attempted) so still waiting patiently, good to see things moving on for nearly everyone!
UK DIY i7

UK DIY i7 here as well, also received stage 3 email last night. It seems a lot of us did, I’m curious if there is anyone still in stage 2?

From the UK DPD website; my tracking number has 14 digits:

Date & Time Location Description
22 Feb 2022 20:18 Lenton Taipei Your parcel is in transit
21 Feb 2022 18:14 Lenton Taipei Your parcel has been collected from the sender
21 Feb 2022 13:32 Taipei Your parcel has been collected from the sender
21 Feb 2022 08:06 Sender We’ve received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel
21 Feb 2022 05:45 Sender We’ve received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

Same here. Ordered 16.12.2021, Stage 4 on 16.02.2022 and since then nada. Said to be shipped within 1-3 working days and tomorrow it will be one week.

i5 DIY without SSD/RAM, power brick (DE), 1xUSB-C, 1xUSB-A, 1xHDMI, 1xMicroSD

My DPD tracking has updated to say that it’s in transit, perhaps it’s finally on a plane to Europe?

Used a website linked earlier and saw this
vivaldi_iNNU5nwnjo

Have you considered writing to support yet? I am not really sure if I should. I mean, yeah they are a few days late, but maybe its nothing. Dont know if I should bother them