Batch 8 Guild

I realy hope that the database of the current status just doesn’t update correctly and that the courier just sends a notification that it will arrive like a day later, like others before us had experienced

Well said. I am very lenient when I have confidence that there is no malice or intention at play. But communication has to be improved since I will leave country soon for more than two months…

• Ger
  • i7 1165
  • no Ram or storage

Hey guys my shipping mail comes today morning. So its begins in germany :slight_smile:

I tried to look at fedex but my tracking number doesn’t work. It doesn’t work for dpd too. Any suggestions?

In batch 6 some peoples orders didn’t ship till the end of month when they had collected the money on the 20th.

Use the suggested tracking system called hub-ez.

I think the times are in Taiwan time, but how many steps are there?
vivaldi_VXneAbdRRR

doesn’t work :frowning: There are no results listed. Maybe tomorrow.

Should be:
Processed for export
(sometimes) Entered Customs
Cleared Customs
Scheduled onto Flight
Departed Origin Country
Arrived Destination Country
Customs Again
then your usual tracking shenanigans…

Seems to me like they aren’t using an express service at all, otherwise these things would all be happening much faster :frowning:

1 Like

So there’s quite a few steps before it gets here huh

Generally yes when these slower services are used. Unfortunately there’s not much you can do with customs…but express services would usually get things to customs as fast as they can to give themselves a chance. I might be wrong - never actually had anything come from Taiwan before…but I have imported a reasonable amount from China, Hong Kong or the US/Canada - it’s either very fast or very, very, very slow in my experience!

There’s no way courier companies are spending more on aviation fuel than they absolutely have to. The route might seem convoluted, but it’ll be more efficient on aggregate given all the sources and destinations of all the parcels.

3 Likes

Hmmm, it seems there are more steps than I hoped. Has anyone made it past “processed for export” and can confirm?

Mine has left Singapore and is now heading to Bahrain according to DHL. The customs procedures will continue while it’s on its way.

1 Like

Just got my tracking number. :slight_smile:
It’s 11 digits but works fine on the mentioned tracking site (http://tracking.linexsolutions.com/).

Pre-Ordered: 19.12.2021
Stage 2: 10.02.2022
Stage 3: Skipped
Stage 4: 21.02.2022
Stage 5: 23.02.2022

DIY i7-1165G7
German Keyboard
Own RAM
Own SSD
EU Power Adapter
2x USB-C
2x USB-A
1x HDMI

@Rob_Fisher The courier company will choose the least expensive way to ship the goods with reasonable reliability to you. That does not mean that is the most (fuel) efficient way. Bigger airlines may be able to buy their fuel cheaper and/or offer lower prices for detour flights, as they do with passenger flights.

My Parcel left Bahrain ~2h hours ago and seems to be on DHL-Flight BOX543 heading to Leipzig/Germany.

BUT: I’m afraid now. Since the first message with a tracking number showed DPD as a Service i used their system to change the adress to a DPD-Pickup-Store, so that there’s no need for me to be at home at the right time and i could just pickup the parcel directly from the store. I do it this way always with DPD.

But now it’s handed over to DHL, they won’t deliver to a DPD-Pickup-Store and i guess would rather sent the parcel back to the sender because of a non consistent address.

So for me now that’s the question if DPD was already able to change the adress-label on the parcel on it’s way to Singapore/DHL or if they do that in a later step in the destination country. Depending on that the delivery will fail or not -.-

1 Like

@le-grex what is your configuration?

i5, no ram, no ssd, no ac-adapter. 2 USB-C and 2 USB-A Cards.

1 Like

Does anyone know wether we have to deal with customs?

I received the following tracking update from DHL today:
»Customs clearance status updated. Note; The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.«

Will framework take care of everything in regards of customs or do we as customers need to supply details such as invoice, etc.?

I have read that customs clearance for many parcels is purely digital, based on the electronically submitted commercial invoice. Hopefully, this will happen for us…

(i7-1165G7 prebuilt to Germany)

As it should be being sent Delivered Duty Paid, customs should be the responsibility of the sender. Customs itself should just consist of ensuring the package contains what the sender claims it does and that the value is stated correctly, so it should be fairly quick in theory…

4 Likes