Batch 8 Guild

I assume that they are waiting for something that is missing. Sucks, but I plan not to bother support with it yet. For all I know Stage 5 mail might have just gone missing. I did not receive a Stage 3 either and on Reddit I saw that someone received a mail long after the device had been shipped.

Overall communication could be improved, especially if missing components are the reason. But well, I’ve had worse experiences and all they promised was “shipping in February”.

I cant really judge the communictation, since a friend had to order for me, because I dont own a credit card. But I also didnt get a stage 3 mail afaik

They’ve just opened pre-orders for Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands, hopefully it goes smoothly for them

1 Like

Looks like Ireland at least is going to be able to order in Batch 9, so very little wait at all it seems. Seems like they are just extending the existing European batches to new countries. Good way of working I think :slight_smile:

They also said they are setting up a location in Germany which will be fulfilling Marketplace orders, so parts should be available in Europe at some point soon - that’s very encouraging :slight_smile:

Now…where’s my tracking number!? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have also just had my tracking updated to in transit after no movement since dispatch on 18th!
Fingers crossed not too long to wait now

i5 DIY, UK

1 Like

I have the same top two entries with the same time stamps for my own DPD delivery in the UK. Might be generated by a pallet rather than an individual package. (DIY i7, RAN, SSD, 6 modules, PSU.) The earlier three entries are similar, but different time stamps.

3 Likes

All the people who received a 11 digit DPD tracking number can use http://tracking.linexsolutions.com/ to lookup their status.

Thanks to the people @ frame.work support!

Edit: The 11 digit number is not the DPD one, it is the one from Linex Solutions (the export partner).

4 Likes

Mine is on “Shipment Bagged Linex Ti-Ding Ave”

Actually anyone with a tracking number can use it i think and it gives better insight. Nice!

edit: e.g. DPD still hasn’t updated the status while the last update on linex is from yesterday: “on forwarded from gateway”. I’m thrilled!

2 Likes

Linex is a Taiwan courier.

@Josh_Cook seems they shipped it to Singapore first, that’s where my laptop seems to be atm.

edit: sorry, misread your previous reply, this shouldn’t be adressed to you

2 Likes

Probably will come on a cathay pacific aircraft then.

who are you so wise in the ways of east-asian air logistics? :joy:

2 Likes

Aviation nerd.

-20 characters-

1 Like

It probably will go to Hong Kong as that’s the Cathay Pacific hub and then go to Heathrow.

Nooo that’s so many detours, please not. If the brits get their laptops first because their ancestors decided to go to war with China over opium sales some hundred years ago, I’d be seriously pissed.

edit: the above is of course a joking oversimplification of the matter

6 Likes

It’s airfreight in a nutshell.

1 Like
  1. No wonder our planet is dying
  2. How does a system with that many friction points work so well? That’s far too many opportunities for my package to get lost or damaged somehow for my liking.
1 Like

Yep, it’s sad to know. Even courier companies would usually have two points of change or more, I get stuff from the EU via DHL and it would go from Frankfurt to Leipzig and then to Singapore and then to Australia. All via plane.

I once had a FedEx package from the UK come to me in The Netherlands through the route London - Paris - Munich - Paris - Amsterdam insane how these logistics work.