Batch 8 Guild

Installed Ubuntu from a USB-A stick to SSD with no problems. Rebooted from SSD after the installation with no problems. All as expected.

Should perhaps say Ubuntu 21.10.

Which SSD did you get?

1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe

Same here ! Everything looks ok from Linux perspective but just can’t boot.
I’ll raise a ticket tomorrow see what I get

[EDIT] Finaly got a dual boot windows and AV Linux install running.

27th Feb: reported to be in the UK :slight_smile: ?

28th Feb: I have a delivery today.

Your Framework Computer Inc order will be delivered today by Slava, your DPD driver, between 12:03 and 13:03. Your one hour timeslot can’t be changed

2 Likes

Mine also arrived earlier today, about an hour before scheduled.
This thing is way more solid than I was expecting! I put all of the components I had saved into it and installed the latest version of Linux Mint (though I might try distro-hopping a bit) and everything is working really well

(UK, DIY, Ordered 18th Dec, delivered 27th Feb, 32gb crucial RAM, 1tb SK Hynix p31 Gold SSD, Using and Anker PSU)

3 Likes

My parcel is now in this country, and with DPD. On its way to the the depot.
:smiley:

2 Likes

DPD tracking on mine now says it’s due for delivery today (28th)!

1 Like

Mine is due in 3 hours!

1 Like

Mine was due for delivery today. But we won’t be in. So moved the delivery to tomorrow.

Mine just arrived in Singapore. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just had a text to say mine is being delivered today :slight_smile: (UK)

Very excited to get hold of it, although I wasn’t expecting it to arrive yet, better order some RAM and an SSD so I can put it together!

1 Like

It was supposed to be delivered today, but to my surprise the carrier delivered it yesterday!
I’m typing on it right now, and it’s far better than I expected.
Really excited!

6 Likes

Mine has arrived! But I’m working so can’t set it up yet…

2 Likes

Mine is currently out for delivery (UK) within the hour.

It’s been a long road getting here but it seems like loads of us now either have theirs or will today.

I feel bad for the people still waiting for theirs to ship.

5 Likes

Just got mine and noticed something underneath. The top right expansion card slot has a different edge to the rest. Does anyone else have this? I can’t see it in any pictures online.

By edge do you mean that it doesn’t quite line up with the edge of the laptop? I think that’s probably just manufacturing tolerances - Linus mentioned something similar in his first video too. I don’t think it’d be a problem unless it was a significant step down…

What I’m more interested in is the apparent difference in colour of the inside edges of the two cards! Are they different types? Or is that what you’re referring to?

@andyk2

The colour difference is just the lighting. They look to the same to my eye. I’ve circled what I am referring to in the below picture.

You can see the top is more rounded than the bottom one. The top right is the only one like that.

1 Like

According to Linex (thanks for the link) my last status is:

28/02/2022 15:40:00 Singapore Status Flight Arrived

Ordered on 16 Dec to Germany with no RAM/SSD but with a power adapter.

It was in Taipei on the 24/25 and then no update over the weekend.

1 Like