Batch 8 Guild

We have the same Flight i guess :smiley: hope we get it soon.

1 Like

Same here.
where are the people, who track planes and can tell us, when they will arive?

Really not impressed so far.

The screen rattles/clicks any time I am using the laptop or moving it. It’s really irritating and I can’t find out what’s causing it.

Edit: found out what’s causing it. The bar at the top with the camera just rattles around at the top. Nice.

@devryd mine is also in Singapore now, assuming they take the same route as others in this thread then we can expect them to be on the first flight to Leipzig (through Bahrein) which is tomorrow so it will then arrive in our hands Wednesday at the earliest, depending on how long it takes to sort in Germany.

Have you tried removing the magnetic frame and attaching it again? When I first did that, I noticed that the camera part needed some readjusting/ a little push for a flush fit. Maybe that’ll fix it, mine doesn’t rattle.

1 Like

Yeah, I did. I have also unscrewed the module and redone it and it seems to have lessened it somewhat, but I can still hear it.

Mine turned up today! Unfortunately I’m away from home though so won’t be able to set it up until the end of the week :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Mine arrived today (UK).

Liking it, with some caveats:

1. No trackpad throughout Windows 11 setup - Easily solved.
  2. That’s a chunky driver pack to have to install.
  3. The ‘wobbly’ screen is probably more noticeable when you can see your reflection in it because the movement is exaggerated.
  4. Mine had some dusty hand / fingerprints on the chassis when it arrived.
  5. I haven’t had too much time with it (because I’m working), but secure boot / changing boot order seems annoying.

And finally…

I again did the thing during Windows setup that lets OneDrive sync the ‘desktop’ folder, which just puts junk icons on my desktop. I’m going to reinstall again later!

1 Like

suffering

Claims there’s been an issue at their sortation facility in Hinckley. Sortation sounds an awful lot like a made up word and Hinckley sounds an awful lot like a made up place.

1 Like

got mine, but it does not boot nor does the charging LED come on. I’ll follow the guides, but I wanted to ask:

Have other people confirmed the BIOS version is 3.07?

I took a look at my batch one unit, the curve radius is the same on all four expansion slots.

Maybe some random change in manufacturing.

@KingKaz
Checked on mine and they all have the more squared appearance. Is it just the one or is the same on both sides?

2 Likes

It’s just that one. Must be a defect. I have already sent an email off to support, let’s see what they have to say.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Confirming. Just arrived and all have a more squared appearance, all the same very small rounded corner, hardly a mm.

Sortation is the process of sorting parcels…
And Hinckley is somewhere near Bristol in the Westcountry. It’s also one of DPD’s main hubs, and the location of their head office.

Shame there’s a holdup for you though :frowning: but equally I don’t think mine has left Taiwan yet!

1 Like

As a follow up from my issue, the full mainboard reset seemed to help Fully Resetting the Mainboard State - Framework Guides

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I’ve just received mine in ‘Cornwall’ via the Hinckley depot. From Hinckley, Somerset to Truro, Cornwall and then back the edge of Cornwall near Plymouth.

A round about route but all looks good.

1 Like

Mine are all fully squared-

!

2 Likes

Mine turned up this morning. All put together and running. Now tuning it all up. The only mod I made at this point was a thermal pad on the SSD. But the ram is running at 3200 and no major issues so far. Construction is fine too. The only thing I would like to change later on would be to swap the glossy panel for a matte one.

I have to say…the speakers sound fine for a laptop.

A happy bunny…so far! :grinning:

3 Likes

There I was, 2 hours ago unwrapping, only to find a) the wrong keyboard ~ some euro thing not a UK one and b) unable to start as Microsoft won’t install the pre-paid Windows 10 unless I create an account.
UPDATE: Restarted with Wi-Fi off and I then have the option to set up a local account :smirk:

Stuck and stuffed
:face_with_head_bandage:

OH and I can’t get through to support on the website, keep getting a CAPTHCA error

1 Like