Batch 8 Guild

Just got my DHL tracking number
Its supposed to arrive to tomorrow

1 Like

Received my stage 4 email and notification from CC :slight_smile:

Ordered the 27th December FR i7 DIY

Same here. It showed tomorrow at first, but now has changed to an honestly more realistic March 4th.

DIY i5 to Germany

1 Like

Hmm…the tracking for mine has become frustrating!

When I look this morning it’s:
2022-02-25 23:23:36 Taipei, Processed for Export
2022-02-25 23:00:40 Taipei, Shipment Bagged Linex Ti-Ding Ave
2022-02-25 16:14:22 Taipei, Depot Scan Taipei
2022-02-24 10:27:40 Taipei, Order Printed
2022-02-24 10:27:37Taipei, Order Created

When I looked last night, a second Processed for Export had appeared dated the 28th, but now it’s disappeared again :confused:

Just put it on a planeeee!

Update on the mystery of the curved corners.

Framework support says it was a machining error and they’re investigating how it got out of the factory.

They’re sending me a replacement and a new type c expansion card. The new laptop has already shipped.

Can’t complain with the customer service.

7 Likes

Interesting. My frame.work reached Singapore on 28.02.2022 but it seems like it is not on the plane 3S539 that left today. Bummer. If it takes the same way it might arrive on Friday when I am sitting on the plane leaving the country. DHL Express tracking is also saying it arrives on Friday.

I think my experience is in line with what other people have said. I’m on Windows 10 with screen brightness set as low as possible and the power mode set to ‘Better battery’. With a few tabs open on Firefox and no video playing, it seems like it’d get around 7-8 hours which is fine. If I have a video going then it drops to 4-6ish hours. I usually have Microsoft Word open as well, but that doesn’t seem to have much effect on battery life for me. I tried playing League of Legends and it ran beautifully but the battery estimate dropped to 2 hours, and it lost maybe 10% during a 20 min match. Since my use case leans more towards light work and browsing, battery life isn’t a major problem. Typing this on the Framework now - the keyboard feels so springy and satisfying!

Got mine all setup now. I set the time and date and the battery charge to max 90%. I applied this strategy to my Mate 10 Pro phone (no overnight charging and charge to max 90%) and I still have 93% charge after 3 and a half years.

I installed Windows 11 Pro on it and used the latest Win 11 driver pack and then went to Intel for any newer drivers. There were three.

All working nice and smooth. The WD SN850 is pumping out 6775MBps in Read and 5200MBps in Writes. The Kingston 3200 CAS 20 ram works just fine. I did put a 1.5mm SSD thermal pad on top of the SSD. 64C is as hot as I’ve seen it go.

Running the Heaven Benchmark at 1080p gave me an average of 39FPS and a Passmark Benchmark score of 3744. The CPU/2D/3D are all middling scores but the RAM got 3157/75th Percentile and the DiskMark got 42241 99th percentile so it’s not the ram or SSD that are holding the machine back. Irony as in most laptops those two are usually the worst parts.

I’m a happy bunny. :grinning:

4 Likes

@Jason_Dagless Any specific thermal pad?

Nah, just one that came with a NVMe caddy I didn’t use.

By the way…what the hell do you click on to make a reply to a post? So much modern forum software is awful IMO.

6 Likes

Drove me crazy at first, too - you just select the text you want to quote and then click on the transparent “Quote” button. This could definitely be made more obvious and intuitive.

3 Likes

I always use the hyperlink of the post I want to reply to and copy-paste it into my reply. The forum software then automatically changes it to a quote… Not the most straight forward approach though…

Edit: @Oliver’s way is a bit more intuitive, but apparently not enough for me to have found it…

1 Like

Ahhh 'Designed by Millennials" in other words. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I kid!

What’s wrong with a ‘Reply’ button…you know like every other forum software? :thinking:

We always used to get our boomer Mums and Dads in to test stuff. If they couldn’t work it out we went back and tried again.

3 Likes

I’m speechless. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I eventually got fed-up and had to google this.

I actually found the little tutorial offered by @discobot (in your PM inbox) pretty nice to get familiar with how everything works. (Still wish things like replying would be more obvious.)

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

You can also select the text and press the reply button on the bottom. :smiley:

2 Likes

Would be good to get some standardised benches listing what CPU/RAM and SSD to see how the different combinations stack up.

1 Like