Batches Shipping Log

Hey, would it be possible to move that discussion into another thread?
It’d be great to keep this thread somewhat clean to get an easy overview.

8 Likes

It’s not the end of the world, but it is odd, unusual, particular, for a company to not have an official listing of this type when product starts shipping in this type of a situation.

Crowd sourced shipping information, while better than nothing, isn’t the same.

Thanks for the history lesson, but it isn’t really applicable.

Hopefully the folks at Framework will decide to publicly share the same information that they are already keeping track of privately.

2 Likes

Batch 1
DIY Ryzen 7 7840 HS w/dGPU
16GB RAM Kit (2x 8GB)
1TB WD SN770 SSD
International English Keyboard (regular, not Linux)

January 26th 16:31 CET - Preparing batch
February 29th 20:29 CET - Paid (Somehow needed to manually pay by submiting the card details again)
March 1st 11:46 CET - Shipped
Delivery in Germany is estimated for March 6th

3 Likes

Batch 1 laptop swapped out linux keyboard with US English arrived today.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Linux keyboards cause delay. Tomorrow will be the last day of when my preparing email said it is expected to ship out for batch 2.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately, Linux keyboards were named in an email sent to someone in Batch 1 as delaying orders:

2 Likes

Linux Keyboards are a source of delay, yes.

1 Like

Update on my Batch 3 order, I’ve been delivered today (2024-03-05T13:00:00Z) and currently setting up Arch!
I’ll report on any issues I may encounter with it but so far so good :wink:

Huge congrats to the team at Framework for all the work done!

5 Likes

With this current speed i am not so sure about getting mine Q1 as promised.
Batch 6 is not far away but Batch 4 hasn’t even started yet…
I hope they will drop an update mail this week.

1 Like

Batch 1 orders with the Linux Keyboard are starting to be charged now.

4 Likes

Same with clear keyboard and or macropad

4 Likes

And it is here \o/
After some strange round trip between Cologne and Paris, Fedex delivered it at ~8:00 am

11 Likes

Guessing it won’t be long till we see the Batch 4 announcement :​D

2 Likes

Batch 2
Ryzen™ 9 7940HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S - 180W Power Adapter
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
No SSD
No RAM
Keyboard: German
Numpad Module
LED Matrix module
RGB Macropad

01 Mar 10:07:33 PM GMT - Card charged (With RGB Macropad) :grin::+1:
04 Mar 11:17:04 AM GMT - The shipping confirmation just arrived via email
06 Mar 10:39:00 AM GMT - Delivered

4 Likes

Looks like a fellow music producer here, also see that you’re running Arch? What software/ daw do you run looking to switch from windows. I use reaper rn and a handful of guitar plugins/vst would love to pick your brain on how you set your FW16 up to possible replicate for my own

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be snarky, just making sure I didn’t miss anything. I’ve seen a lot of people say that their batch was “promised” by a certain quarter. Did FW make a post or announcement stating a “promised” ship time? I’ve only seen in the checkout where it says “ships Q#” but the batch 1’s still said Q4 on their orders even though that had passed. So I take that to be a goal, but no guarantee. I get the frustration, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything about FW setting a timeframe with some sort of promise behind it, but I also only put my order in a couple moths ago, so I might have missed out on a communication they sent out earlier.

1 Like

To my knowledge Framework didn’t promise to ship within a certain quarter. They ran into many issues and the laptops weren’t ready, the problems varied. You can check out their blog and probably your email. They have been sending emails explaining the delays. I’m glad people are posting on this forum so I know which batches are shipping.

1 Like

When I log into my account, I still see “Batch 7 - Ships Q1” in my order details. That seems to me like as close to a promise as you can get without outright saying “we promise”. It’d be nice to have some official word either way.

5 Likes

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not really a producer - just a guitar player, who occationally records and mixes demos for my band. I use Cubase, so it didn’t cross my mind to use the FW16 for that. Instead I’ll keep my existing Windows machine.

Yes, I’ll be running Arch for the time being as FW16 was mainly intended for software development and gaming.

1 Like

But Batch 1s that just got shipped within the last week had “Batch 1 - Ships Q4” in their order details, and that was within the last few weeks, 2 months after the end of Q4. So I wouldn’t take that as a promise but rather a goal. It wouldn’t make much sense to look at the same information on our orders and assume they are guaranteeing that, when it clearly did not work out that way for others. At the very least, I’d assume (since that’s all we can confidently do) that each batch should be prepared for 2 months beyond the “Ships Q#” date, and anything sooner than that is a bonus!

5 Likes