Battery no longer detected FW13 (13 Gen Intel)

I own FW 13 (13 Gen Intel) and have had it since Nov 2023. It initally had no issues, then on Feb 2 2024, It froze and rebooted. Now the system no longer detects the battery at all. It will only power on if the charger is connected. The OS I have installed is Ubuntu 22.04.

Remedial steps taken so far:

1. Updated OS
  2. Updated BIOS
  3. Check BIOS settings and ensure that “Battery Disconnect” is disabled.
  4. Physically disconnect and reconnect battery.
  5. Reset mainboard by disconnecting battery and plugging in power adapter for 5 minutes.
  6. Leaving it connected to power for 24 hours.

None of these seem to resovle my issue. I don’t know what could have caused the issue.
The power adapter I use is a 100w USB-C PD power adapter with an Anker USB-C cable. It has worked since Nov 2023, so I don’t suspect that to be the issue. I have also charged other USB-C devices with this power adapter and cable without issue. It hasn’t even been 6 months and the battery is giving me issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear that you are running into issues. If you haven’t already done so, I would suggest that you open a ticket with Support. They may have additional steps that you can follow, and if an RMA is necessary, you will have taken the initial steps in that process. Best of luck getting things resolved.

1 Like