I didn’t have a “Windows To Go” or a windows machine to use, but I wanted to do the BIOS upgrade.
To do this:
- Install Ventoy on a USB drive
- Download a Windows 10 ISO
- Copy the ISO onto your new Ventoy USB drive
- Downlaod the BIOS exe and put the exe on the USB drive also
- Reboot your computer and use F12 to access the boot menu (this can take a few tries to get the timing right. I just kept pressing F12 as the logo appears on boot).
- Select your USB drive to boot
- Select your Windows ISO
- Once the installer boots up, ignore it entirely and press Shift-F10 for a Command-prompt
C:to access the C drive (assumes you only have linux on your SSD, otherwise you don’t need this tutorial)
dirand look up the name of the Exe
- run the BIOS exe and your bios upgrade will run without any Windows!