Black Friday or Cyber Monday Deals?

Looking to join the Framework ecosystem to replace my clunky gaming laptop and something to grow with.

Now that we’re in the month of November, is there an anticipated Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal anytime soon?

1 Like

I doubt so. lt is not compatible with the batch system. Maybe next year.

4 Likes

Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal would be great

From Framework directly? I highly doubt it. Even aside from the current batch system for orders, I think it’s generally difficult for startups to offer many deals, and Framework is still new.

But, if you go with the DIY build, there may be external deals you can find on components that you may choose to skip, such as RAM, SSD, or even Windows. You’d just want to research a bit to confirm compatibility.

1 Like

For the folk in Germany, waiting to pre-order the DIY edition the day it’s available: the crucial 8GB 3200Hz sodimm ram for 26€ can be currently obtained. Buy two of them for 52€ and you are set in regards to memory.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up !

Thanks for the insight. I’ll check out the compatible parts that I can get from companies like Crucial that currently have deals.

I want to share a mail I received from my favorite clothing retailer:

Closed For Black Friday

This Black Friday we’ve shut down our website for the 5th year running to take a stand against a culture that encourages relentless buying.

In a time where we are acutely aware of the far-reaching impacts that 21st century consumption habits have on people and the planet, it is impossible to justify the very existence of retail schemes like Black Friday.

To show that it is possible to step away from such practices and to encourage some much needed reflection instead of mindless consumption, we’ve not just shut down our website, but also our newly opened store in Stockholm - giving our entire team a long weekend off.

In a time where constant consumption remains the norm, sometimes the best thing to do, is to do nothing at all.

Join us in the Pursuit of Less

I really hope Framework will do the same in the future.

8 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Inventory not updated on website / order status unclear