CAD model for laptop shell?

I was considering modeling a filtered cooling pad/mount for 3-D printing which would be custom fit to the bottom of the laptop to get increased airflow through the base of the laptop. The question is, is there any chance a CAD model of the simple exterior (and maybe a wishlist item of interior as well?) geometry of the laptop could be made available for the community? This would make the process of prototyping a well-fitting laptop mount much easier.

This isn’t something which would be very difficult to reverse-engineer with a set of calipers, but it would just make my life (and possibly some other DIY-ers) easier.

6 Likes

Drawings to use for external case accessory development is on our TODO list, but it may be a little while until we get there.

10 Likes

Great! Can’t wait until the official models release! Until then I’ll just have to wait on my August batch delivery, calipers in hand… :grin:

1 Like

I just want to add my support for drawings or cad of the external features of the laptop!

@Frosty - I would love to see a cooling pad happen :exclamation:

Just a check-in are the CAD models ready?
@nrp

Any news?

Hi!

Any updates?

Dunno about official CAD models, but I posted my model in a different thread.

Yes, I’ll be waiting calipers in hand to measure up for a simple laptop stand bracket :blush:(very portable - a pair of 10x10mm custom angle beams with location features to seat the laptop base). I carry those in the pocket of my current laptop bag.