Callisto2 Framework Mashup

I am working on putting a Framework mainboard with battery in this 3D printed terminal-looking case but I seem to be having some trouble with the battery. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but the mainboard is not recognizing it at all.

This mainboard is an i5-1135G7.

I purchased this a few months ago for this project. The operating system is not recognizing it and the BIOS looks like it is reporting that it is disconnected.

Could I have a bum battery?

Did I do something else wrong?

For context, this is the original project but the Pi4 fell short in many ways.

Thanks for any help on this.

1 Like

Perhaps a picture of my project will help? I don’t see anything immediately incorrect.

I should have done this sooner but I have determined that the issue is with the battery itself. I pulled the battery out of my Framework 13 laptop and it works great on this setup. I put the battery in question inside the laptop and it too doesn’t work. I guess I got a bum battery. I’ll order a new one and report back her later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Callisto2 Framework Mashup is currently functioning as I would like.

There does seem to be a bit of an excessive power draw when the machine is sleeping as compared to the laptop but that is probably due to the various modules attached to this.

Changes I would like to make:

• Utilizing a proper switch on the back to power on the machine. I have seen a project that utilizes the input cover connector for use as a power button.

• Design a PCB of some kind to move connectors on the back closer together. Having only one USB-C port in the back is not great. It would also be nice to have an external video out. One limitation I do have is that my daughter won’t let me modify the case so I have to use the limited space in the back… unless I can convince her otherwise.
  • Some kind of track point or track ball mounted on the front would be very handy. I haven’t been able to find a piece of hardware yet that would suit this.

Other than that, I am extremely happy with the final product. I want to build another, just because. Truly, a fun machine to use.

Thank you Framework for providing such fantastic hardware for me to make this a reality.

4 Likes