Cleaning recomendations

Do you have any cleaning recommendation?
What chemicals are recommended for the screen, the body, the keyboard? What chemicals are not recommended?
Is there any procedure on cleaning the computer to avoid any damage?
I guess that the body is covered with paint?

You can use water and a microfiber cloth to clean everything. Personally, I use Whoosh as I find it cleans things really well but it’s not necessary.

Don’t use alcohol on the screen as it can damage it over time.

Just use a clean microfiber and don’t apply too much pressure, especially on the screen.

It’s anodization not paint.

Thank you for the tips.
Do you know what are the materials of the finish of the power button and the touchpad?

I believe it’s a glass layer on top of them

I am unclear as to how, or what, I should do when cleaning my Framework 16 Laptop. It’s kind of an important part of maintenance, and when the time comes, I would like to have a guide ready on how to clean my Framework without breaking.

It’s not important now, but I will definitely want this in five months.

I ‘live’ in a off grid environment. I use my 13" at least 4 to 5 hours a day and I use wood as a fuel for heating and cooking. I’m sat 4 feet away from my stove. I work on the land and so I bring in lots of debris. The wood stove create lots of dust and i ‘ought’ to clean many things weekly, though I don’t and sometimes I can can just rub my hand across the floor that has clear dust etc. to clear it into a pile.

After 26 months I decided to check my laptop.

Once opened there was next to no dust etc. I used a small brush on the keyboard and that’s about it.

EDIT: I must add that I use the laptop on a steel plate on my lap not directly on my lap or bed.

The outside . . . well a wipe every month or more

Also if you search you will find this has been asked a few times :slight_smile:

https://community.frame.work/search?q=cleaning

6 Likes