Compatible protective case

Thanks! and thanks for the response! I kind of suspected the same thing.

I feel like the FL (Framework Laptop) is built really well, but I am worried about breaking my precious through the repeated commuting trips. What I’m doing now is just bringing a Surface Go v1 with me on the days I commute, and the FL on the days I drive. I commute far more often than I drive.

Sadly I think it is probably for the best that I just keep using the Go.

Thanks @FsOver2 for the recommendation. I bought that case as well and it’s exactly what I was looking for. A good fit, durable, cost effective. I’m using it in combination with a backpack instead of buying a laptop bag and it works great.

1 Like

@lukeiamyourfather I’m glad it worked out for you too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lenovo 12" for a nice compact tight fit: 4X40N18007 ThinkPad 12-inch

I bought this case:

It fits like a glove and looks great. Has a nice protective lining along the inside to prevent the zipper from scratching the laptop. Ships from India, but with UPS Express shipping – arrived in 5 days for me.

Choose the “SurfaceLaptop 3 - 13.5” option.

1 Like

Just in case anyone were considering it, this case does not fit the Framework DIY:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083RQ9RB4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

I ordered the Aldona case as well. I mentioned in the comment field for my order that I would use it for a Framework laptop. I was surprised to get an email the next day saying they would check the Framework dimensions and adjust the fit as needed.

I received it a week or so later and I have to say it’s beautiful with a snug perfect fit.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a hard shell style case, as opposed to a carrying case, that fits the framework?

2 Likes

Might I ask for some pics of how it fits?

IMG_0406

1 Like

19 EUR here in EUroland - I paid 15 EUR in a sale a while ago…

ThinkPad 12-inch hoes (lenovo.com)

1 Like

I found a Smarttree case from Amazon.de that fits.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07KZFC4TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

It fits, and is very snug. I put it in the the sleeve because this provides increased stability. I just wish it had a handle.

4 Likes

@Sion_C3ME

I like the way that looks, it’s not too tight is it? Also not too loose to where it slides around inside?

nope, just 1/2" of lateral movement, and easy to slide in (that’s what she said)

I’m a bit ghetto, so I did not buy any modules, I use a USB C hub plugged directly into 1 of the USB C ports, so I carry that around in the zipped side pocket.

I just purchased the aldonashop leather case from Etsy and I’m very happy with the quality. It is custom-made to fit the framework laptop. It fits even with a small USB dongle for my keyboard and mouse at work.

The only downside to this model is that there’s not much room if at all for a charger. There’s room for a couple documents, and maybe an accessory or two. They have one that is more like a small briefcase or folio with more storage. But since I keep a charger / docking station between home and work this works fine for going back and forth to the office and home and out to site visits.

2 Likes

Just bought a DIY, found this thread, and ordered an Aldona - thanks to everyone who recommended it!

For anyone who comes across this thread. The small UK case manufacturer CushCase has a line of Framework Laptop compatible cases.

A shame Brexit bumps up the price for EU costumers somewhat.

5 Likes

Hello there!

Does anybody know a hardshell case similar to this one that fits the framework laptop, without blocking the modules?

I know that the linked one does not fit, as @j-s already stated it.
Also I already have a fitting bag for transport the laptop.
Nevertheless I do want to protect the framework from scratches caused by daily use.

4 Likes

I would love this too, or some other way to protect it from scratches that I can just leave on there. Had one for my MacBook for years and it was great.

Turtle Wax, maybe? :slight_smile: