Compatible protective case

@Sion_C3ME

I like the way that looks, it’s not too tight is it? Also not too loose to where it slides around inside?

nope, just 1/2" of lateral movement, and easy to slide in (that’s what she said)

I’m a bit ghetto, so I did not buy any modules, I use a USB C hub plugged directly into 1 of the USB C ports, so I carry that around in the zipped side pocket.

I just purchased the aldonashop leather case from Etsy and I’m very happy with the quality. It is custom-made to fit the framework laptop. It fits even with a small USB dongle for my keyboard and mouse at work.

The only downside to this model is that there’s not much room if at all for a charger. There’s room for a couple documents, and maybe an accessory or two. They have one that is more like a small briefcase or folio with more storage. But since I keep a charger / docking station between home and work this works fine for going back and forth to the office and home and out to site visits.

2 Likes

Just bought a DIY, found this thread, and ordered an Aldona - thanks to everyone who recommended it!

For anyone who comes across this thread. The small UK case manufacturer CushCase has a line of Framework Laptop compatible cases.

A shame Brexit bumps up the price for EU costumers somewhat.

5 Likes

Hello there!

Does anybody know a hardshell case similar to this one that fits the framework laptop, without blocking the modules?

I know that the linked one does not fit, as @j-s already stated it.
Also I already have a fitting bag for transport the laptop.
Nevertheless I do want to protect the framework from scratches caused by daily use.

4 Likes

I would love this too, or some other way to protect it from scratches that I can just leave on there. Had one for my MacBook for years and it was great.

Turtle Wax, maybe? :slight_smile:

Anyone that has a suggestion for a cover that is lightweight too? I am currently using a cheap neoprene sleeve with a bubble wrap mailer and placing in my backpack as my backpack doesn’t have a padded laptop sleeve.

Hi,

I ordered this one https://got-bag.com/en/products/laptop-sleeve. It fits perfectly in the short direction. In the other direction it could be 2 cm shorter (see picture).

If I shake it, the laptop moves a bit (maybe 1cm up and down) but I don’t think this will harm it.

The case is quite soft in the inside and the sides are a few millimeters thick. At the edges there is this additional green/blue texture band that also protect the laptop at the edges and prevent a contact with the zipper.

The case is “soft” so it will not add much rigidity.

On the front and back there are zippers with a small additional pocket for thin things. The pocket are located outside of the protective material.

My “use-case” will be mostly to put the laptop with it in a regular backpack.

1 Like

This looks like it should fit properly, it it only slightly larger in length and width. Haven’t purchased yet, will report back once I do.

Edit: It seems I suck at converting units somewhere as the product isn’t even close to fitting…the hunt continues I guess.

2 Likes

How come that 12’’ protection case fit for Frmework Laptop 13’'?

Thanks, seems not compatible for Microsoft Surface Laptop 13.5’’ with

1. Metal keyboard? (do not try myself, just refer to community discussions below)

@nrp are you indicating suitable for

1. Alcantara keyboard?

https://www.amazon.com/iCasso-Microsoft-Surface-Alcantara-Keyboard/dp/B0C9QRDRZM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2CKJETIOQWNQA&keywords=cover+case+for+Alcantara+Keyboard&qid=1703819059&s=electronics&sprefix=cover+case+for+%2Celectronics%2C498&sr=1-1

Thanks @j-s , are you indicating not compatible with the case for Surface laptop with

1. Metal keyboard? (do not try myself, just refer to community discussions below)
  2. Alcantara keyboard?

https://www.amazon.com/iCasso-Microsoft-Surface-Alcantara-Keyboard/dp/B0C9QRDRZM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2CKJETIOQWNQA&keywords=cover+case+for+Alcantara+Keyboard&qid=1703819059&s=electronics&sprefix=cover+case+for+%2Celectronics%2C498&sr=1-1

Ask Lenovo, I’m just saying I have one and it fits perfectly. Never heard of Frmework, though :thinking: :wink:

I would like something, at lest for the screen side to provide some protection. I do wonder, how it is affixed. If any of these work the Framework it would be a GREAT start.

In the outer pockets does a mouse like Logitech MX master 2 or 3 fit and would a cable and a Powersupply like Anker 737 have enough space?