Cool eGPU option

Hey fellow Framework lovers!

I recently got this awesome little early-stages eGPU dock and wanted to share my thoughts about it.

I’ve had the RTX 4060 variant for a couple weeks now and I’ve been using it with my Framework 13 - Intel 12th gen. Such a tiny enclosure packed with such power, I’m honestly surprised at how well it works with my laptop. It’s about the size of 4 wii remotes – or a clay brick?

With my current setup, I’ve got 1 TB4 cable connecting my FW13 to the eGPU dock. My monitor, and keyboard-mouse are all hooked up to the eGPU dock. Biggest win imo is that I can finally play Cities Skylines 2 (as it doesn’t work on iGPUs).

Clearly, this company is in very early stages. But in support of user-upgradability & reducing e-waste, I think this product deserves some recognition!! The mxm-gpu module is meant to be user-upgradable.

I know people avoid eGPUs because of the restricted bandwidth that comes with TB4. That problem likely won’t be solved until TB5 speeds are available (almost here yay). But know that the main eGPU port on this enclosure is also upgradeable. There’s a lot of "if"s, but if this company exists going forward, and if they follow through on their plan to make a TB5 port, then you won’t have to worry about this eGPU dock becoming obsolete!

I’m not trying to advertise just thought this product is relevant. Let me know what y’all think!

1 Like

Even TB5 will not solve that problem, due to its overhead, but OcuLink will.