Dell wd19tbs docking station - unable to connect

Hello Community,

I am reaching out for support with a challenge I’m facing connecting my Frame.work laptop to a Dell WD19TBS Docking Station. Despite several attempts, the laptop fails to recognize the docking station, hindering my ability to utilize external displays, USB peripherals, and Ethernet connection through the dock.

Steps Taken:

1. Initial Connection: Attempted to connect the Frame.work laptop to the Dell WD19TBS Docking Station using the provided USB-C cable.
  2. Power Delivery: Verified that the docking station is powered on and providing power to the laptop, indicating a basic level of connectivity.
  3. Device Manager Check: Looked through the Device Manager on Windows for any unrecognized devices or errors but found none directly related to the docking station.

Potential Solutions Sought:

• Firmware Updates: I am looking for guidance on how to check and update the firmware for both the Frame.work laptop and the Dell WD19TBS Docking Station. If specific versions are recommended, please advise.
  • Driver Installation: Information on any necessary drivers that should be installed or updated on the Frame.work laptop to ensure compatibility with the docking station. This includes USB-C/Thunderbolt drivers, graphics drivers, or any proprietary software from Dell.
  • Compatibility Check: Any insights on compatibility issues between Frame.work laptops and the Dell WD19TBS Docking Station, including known limitations or workarounds.
  • User Experiences: If anyone has successfully connected a Frame.work laptop to this docking station, sharing the steps taken would be greatly appreciated.

Technical Details:

• Frame.work Laptop Model
  • Dell WD19TBS Firmware Version:
  • Operating System: [e.g., Windows 10/11, Linux distro]
    |Edition|Windows 11 Enterprise|
    |Version|23H2|
    |OS build|22631.3155|
    |Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0|

I appreciate any help or suggestions this community can offer. Your expertise and shared experiences are invaluable to resolving this connectivity issue.

I have a Dell Laptop, seamlessly it connects

Thank you in advance!

Hey hey! Is this still going on for you?

I’ve used my FW13 AMD with a Dell WD19TBS for a while off and on without any issues. However I went to connect the dock yesterday, and the connection does not seem to be working. the Charging indicator on the FW laptop flashes amber like a disconnect-reconnect is happening regardless of the laptop’s power state. The dock works great for my Dell work-issued laptop, and the Dock is fully firmware updated (no new updates were available).

I cannot remember exactly when the dock last worked with my FW laptop though. And a lot has happened (new BIOS, and reimaged the laptop within the last three or so months).

If you figured out the issue, I’m curious your findings!

Have either of you read other topics on this dock?

Maybe something there could be useful

https://community.frame.work/search?q=Dell%20wd19