DongleHider+ - Multiple dongles and a normal USB A socket

OH

I misinterpreted this project (should’ve read the thread more thoroughly first). I thought this had a Logitech Unifying receiver chip soldered in.

I will double check the size of my Logitech Lightspeed dongle and probably order this shortly.

I would be intetested in 2 or 3 USB-Dongle-Hiders.
(2 for sure, will ask a friend if he also wants one).
Shipping to Europe, Germany

please report, i also plan to solder in a lightspeed dongle.

Just go to this link DongleHider+

LCSC has shipped the USB connectors and they should be received tomorrow, where I will place the JLCPCB order, I’m currently printing the last of the enclosures (all 50), and I have ordered the fasteners/screws to assemble the units, so I should have assembled modules in 14-21 days from now.

1 Like

hey there … just to wrap up :wink:
Josh_Cook is offering a fully assembled DongleHider+ board for 25.00 AUD (ie. approx. 16 EUR) incl. global shipping.
NO dongle included, ̷N̷O̷ ̷c̷a̷s̷e̷ ̷a̷r̷o̷u̷n̷d̷ … @Josh_Cook: correct?
shipping likely to start 16th may from australia

Fully assembled means 3D printed enclosure that has the PCB screwed down, but other than that, yes everything is correct, the ETA for shipment may change but it’s a good idea.

1 Like

Interesting Webshop.

So far i’m at 154$.
(2 DongleHider+, 1 UART module, 1 NVME+Oculink expansion bay module)

But I’m waiting for reply from some friends if they would also like to buy something.
So my order might grow bigger…

I guess the Prices are all AUD?

What’s about customs (for Germany, EU in my case) Will that be included?

Yes and yes. Feedback is welcome regarding the store, it is very basic though.

1 Like

Okay, just to be on the safe side:

When i oder at your shop, this includes the PCBs with all the nice electronics soldered onto them (ecxluding dongle), 3d printed cases for the sideport modules, international shipping and customs, so that i don’t have to give additional money to the shipping company for customs when my order arrives in germany?

Comes the expansion bay module in a framework case, or is this just a pcb to swap out the original one from my fan-only module?

Yes.

No Expansion Bay Shell is included, but the PCB and the 3D printed back cover is, the Graphics Module Interposer is also required to use any of my modules.

Great, expect a bigger order from me (including parts for friends from my local hackerspace) within the ne next few days.
I realy love what you’re offering. :heart:

Is there any chance that you will develop an expansion bay module that offers one NVME 2280 slot plus a 10gbps SFP+ port?

I know that the SFP+ cage won’t fit inside the expension bay, but maybe the pcb could stick out of the slot on the backside of the expension module for about 2cm, alowing a SFP+ cage facing sideways plus maybe some passive cooling for the sfp+ controller behind the SFP+ cage. All surrounded by a nice 3d printed cap with venting holes to enclose the part of the pcb that would stick out.

@Josh_Cook … as i was able to order :wink:
is it still possible to ask for a fitting-to-FW16-gray-color case … or at least similar … so no black color case?

I have printed all of my enclosures in white, but I do have black PLA available so if you would prefer that, let me know.

hm … actually i am asking for grey/silver … ideally same-ish color like the FW16

I’d suggest buying one of their excess stock HDMI extension card cases and modifying it.

Do not use a metal case, this will block the radio signals between your wireless device and the dongle.
Same goes for silver colored Filament that contains metal pigments.
So printing it out of grey plastic is the closest you could get to the Frameworks case color.
I personaly would not mind black or white 3d prints, where black is prefered because my FW16 is black+silver

hmhm … actually i am asking for silver(light) … ideally same-ish color like the FW16 …
if this is to much effort … i can spray the white ones … some grounding … some aluminum like color …

If it is silvery shiny it contains metal.
If it contains metal it has an impact on radio quality.
But since i have no idea how big this impact would be with silver spray color you might try out. But don’t be sad if the range is bad.

I’m a little confused, which these days doesn’t take much. Can I order one? Shipping to the UK.