DongleHider+ - Multiple dongles and a normal USB A socket

will we have to solder our own dongles on?

1 Like

Pretty sure that was always the case, would add a bunch to the cost otherwise.

Yes, but thats the beauty of it, you can then change the dongle out as you replace your peripherals.

2 Likes

Ordered one for myself. Totally unnecessary for me since I don’t particularly mind having a dongle, but I love the idea of just being able to do this at all.

1 Like

First batch has been shipped by JLC, should arrive during the week. I also ordered 100 more assembled units.

3 Likes

That is kind of the point of this whole thing yeah

1 Like

FedEx decided to take the slowest route so the PCBs still haven’t arrived even though they were shipped on Monday (China to Australia), so the ETA is now the 28th for units going out.

4 Likes

Is it possible to change my shipping address for an order I placed?

Yes, just send me an email at josh_cook@i2clabs.com.au.

In case anyone was wondering, you cannot have 2 receivers paired to a Logitech mouse unfortunately :c At least not a G502.

PCBs have finally been received, I will start shipping orders out tomorrow.

3 Likes

All orders that were in the 1st batch (36 packages in total) have all been packaged and are ready for pickup tomorrow.

6 Likes

Thanks for the awesome work, man! Sadly just missed out on the first batch (placed my order this morning) but looking forward to getting this!

All orders have been picked up! When you do receive your order, do note that the area circled in the image below can be quite fragile so do not place excessive force on it. If you do bend it, there are no signals/traces in that area, so as long as it hasn’t broken off, you should be able to screw it back down, but if it does break off completely, send me an email with photos and I’ll get a new unit out to you.

5 Likes

Mine’s due for delivery Friday. Have you shipped the plastic cases with the boards?

Installed, but yep.

3 Likes

I got one yesterday, the bottom connector is a bit trickier to solder to than the top, but I was able to get my Logitech dongle soldered in just fine, leaving the top connection open for … I’m not sure what, but something will find it’s way in there. I figured using the bottom put the antenna further away (by millimeters) from any other electronics.

1 Like

Did I miss out on free shipping? Just went to place an order and it’s only got a Sendle option for $7.15.

Australian orders not have free shipping.

Wdym by Domestic Orders? I checked if I can still buy one expansion card and the shipping would be free, and it is indeed