Elevated System's Cyberdeck

I gave him a hard time here, but he’s back in great form. He made a cyberdeck out of his mainboard!!!

I was asking about a mini laptop, but this video totally gave me the idea to just make my own using the excellent engineering of the Framework team.

Great work CJ!!

18 Likes

Very cool! Reminds me of the Raspberry pi computer in a keyboard that came out a while back, only cooler and much more capable.

4 Likes

This is rad. I’ve been working on a RPi cyberdeck for a little while, but this gives me some serious ideas…

1 Like

The Pi-400! It’s super cool, but not nearly as cool as this! While being much more compact, the iteration that @CJ_Elevated made is just a prototype and will very likely be improved upon in the future versions.
Following along on his youtube community page and following journey making this has been super enjoyable.

1 Like

I looked it up to remind myself of the details after I mentioned it. Like you said, super cool. But a Framework mainboard essentially embedded in a mechanical keyboard is a whole different level.

1 Like

I’m curious, @CJ_Elevated, how did you connect the power button switch to the motherboard?

2 Likes

@mrwm It’s actually just a pin that lines up with the momentary power switch on the mainbord and physically depresses it.

3 Likes

That’s cool, but afaik, the power button is hooked up through the cover ribbon cable (image). I’m just unsure which pins connect to the power button. Unless there’s another way to turn the motherboard on and off?

1 Like

Yes there is a very small button on the top right of the board labeled SW1.

4 Likes

CJ showed us that sw1 switch in a previous video.

1 Like

Oops, I must have missed it. I’ll have to find that video :smiley:

1 Like

It’s been unlisted but you can still find it here.

I would like to use this thread to follow CJ’s ProjectCJ64 videos. And as many of you may know, here is the Cyberdeck version 1.2.

4 Likes

I removed above link as I found this thread My Framework 6 Months Later .

1 Like