Entering the Education Market

First off, I love this laptop, I love the ideology that has gone into making such an awesome product, and I’m really excited for my current machine to give me any indication that it’s time for me to replace it with one of these.

I have family that works in education (a teacher at a local grade school). I’ve heard horror stories about the damage that students can inflict on machines, but equally horrific is the amount of money and time that large computer manufacturers require to repair these devices. Obviously this initial Framework Laptop device is too high-end to be distributed to local grade-schoolers, but the concept of and easy to repair machine with off-the-shelf components would be a life-saver to school-districts around the world that currently are dependent on large computer manufacturers to distribute and repair their computers.

Have you considered entering the education market with a smaller device?

1 Like

There is definitely great potential for bringing repairable, upgradable devices into education settings. It’s an area we’re excited about for the future.

1 Like