EU Shipping estimate

Yep, the problem seems to be undoubtedly the limited supply.
It is to be expected, for a “small” company like FW to not have yet a fluent manufacturing operation as that needs A LOT of money.

That being said, I am growing impatient for the shipment to open up here as well. Personally, I am going to wait until the end of the year/ Q1 2023.

After that, FW will take my money whether they have opened shipment or not…

1 Like

I got my laptop in Slovenia! But it wasn’t easy, I didn’t want to use a proxy since they mentioned you loose warranty in this case.

So I got a friend, who has a friend that works in Austria to order it for me and brought it to Slovenia when he went home for a visit :grin: I guess this is still a valid order that doesn’t break warranty conditions?

In any case I hope I won’t need it and I’m super happy for my new lappy :partying_face:

2 Likes

Still waiting on availability in belgium.
I even willing to tolerate french keyboard and order from france and pay for extra shipment, but not possible.
Why do you guys hate belgian, I mean I get it, belgium sucks, gouvernament and justice system is as corrupt as a 3rd world country and we are beeing bleed dry by taxes, but there are nice people, mainly me, I want to buy a framework laptop and advise them to all my customers and finally bring repairability and upgradeability back

4 Likes

@Wim_Piron
:rofl:

Just found this thread and wanted to ask something:

I’m based in Italy but I’m currently living in France until April, so I was thinking about getting a framework here.
What worries me is the lack of support once I go back to Italy and the impossobility of buying new pieces and upgrades. I do have friends in The Netherlands that could receive and send them to me… So i’m wondering if it would worthy or not lol

Well, you can find your answer here.

Well, I’m still living in France.
So I think I could get one, and hope they will start shipping to Italy if I need any support :’)

Do you guys know if they have mentioned anything about Spain ? I live here and have been wanting to purchase a laptop since the announcement but I haven’t heard anything.
I could use a forwarding service from France but I don’t mind waiting since this would be a secondary computer. But still, would be nice to have an estimate or some official comment on when it’s arriving (if it does) to Spain.

Framework has said that they are working on region expansion, but they haven’t announced which countries. It’s a complicated process for each country with many steps that could cause it to be delayed, so you probably won’t hear even an estimate (or even a yes or no) until they’re ready to launch. Make sure that you’ve registered your interest on the website by selecting your region, as that’s part of how they’re prioritizing regions. It should give you an option to sign up for notifications about your region as well, I believe.

Please note that Framework does not support freight forwarding to unsupported countries as they do not have the authority to sell or ship their products to any countries/regions outside of their officially supported country/region list located here: What countries and regions do you ship to?. If individuals proceed by entering invalid/incorrect billing information, their order will be subject to cancellation/refund, and their payment method may be subject to blacklist. If the order does proceed, they are acknowledging that Framework is not responsible for anything that may happen as a result of not utilizing Framework’s direct shipping to a supported country/region, and that they are fully accountable for any additional costs incurred, or documentation required. Additional information can be found in the Framework Terms of Sale and the Framework Limited Warranty documentation. As discussion of freight forwarding is prohibited, any further discussion of it will be closed and locked.

4 new countries opening preorders “this summer”!

… and 3 are in EU: Belgium, Italy and Spain (the other one is Taiwan).

Has there been any information regarding the release in Belgium? I’m actually in need of a new laptop and I would love to get a Framework.

Yes. As @Pietro_Battiston linked above, Belgium will roll out later this year.

1 Like

I saw the video and was pretty hyped. Is there a more accurate timeline available beyond “later this year” or is that all that is known for now? I’m not sure if my current laptop will hang in there much longer lol

You mean rebranded Tongfang and Clevo ones? I have this one and keyboard sucks very bad. I have to mention this because the keyboard doesn’t press on light key tap. Don’t buy those :slight_smile:
If somebody says “optomechanical” then run away like you’re running from fire.

This is why I’m in this forum. I want to ditch this keyboard so bad… but FW doesn’t support my country and there are no prospects for now.

Hello, i wish i would be able to order Framework 13 from Slovakia. It looks like Austria got preorders already. I hope it will be soon as my old laptop needs proper replacement.

2 Likes

@Tomas Make sure you register your interest at Framework | Fix Consumer Electronics since the number of people that do so seems to be one of the deciding factors for future expansion.

Other than that, yeah, living a few km from the border of a country that had Framework available for a year already is a bit frustrating. Especially since there is no information about whether Czech Republic and Slovakia are being considered at all.

I understand Framework does not want to announce support too long in advance (delays would just produce disappointed customers), but I wish we could at least get a list of countries sorted into some broad categories (e.g. “NET 2 years”, “NET 5 years”, “probably never”).

4 Likes

I’d love to have this. Even if somebody could write it as a personal message and would say to never share with anybody.

Lithuania btw.

1 Like

Bring it Spain!!! I need this laptop so bad in my life :frowning:

1 Like

Norway has the VOEC Scheme which is similar to IOSS, where companies collect VAT on payment and transfer the said tax to the tax authority of the country.
for goods under 3000 nok

Value Added Tax on low value imported goods - The Norwegian Tax Administration (skatteetaten.no)

also regarding warranty, some select countries have 5 years like here in norway (by law)

Cause for complaint? – Forbrukerrådet (forbrukerradet.no) (framework falls under 5 years ryle due to the fact is a eletronic device like a diskwasher, washing machine, computer, smartphone)

Nice. 5-year warranty by law should be standard everywhere for computers. Minimum, in my option. Reduce companies creating junk products that only end up costing consumers more money.