Expansion card shipping prices

I recently purchased a framework laptop 13, and I’ve had it for a few weeks now, but the one thing i regret is that i forgot to add an HDMI port to my order. It’s been getting on my nerves recently, so I thought id go check out how much it costs to buy an expansion card one, and when i added it to my cart and went to calculate the shipping, it basically DOUBLED in price! 20$ to ship a tiny little component like an expansion card to Canada seems a bit much. I’m a young high school student and can’t really afford to drop 50$ for the expansion card. Is there a cheaper way for me to get one? 25$ seems really fair, and i can’t imagine it costs 20$ to ship one of those.

Unfortunately, Framework has limited warehouses for all their products, so shipping is expensive. The best option I could offer is if you were to purchase multiple expansion cards, the shipping for all of them should stay about the same, since they’re all smaller items that can be shipped together. If that doesn’t work for you, you can also use any usb-c to hdmi dongle that you can get online at a better price, but Framework is still a relatively small company, and haven’t scaled up their logistics to the same level as others.

1 Like

Shipping prices are expensive because it’s fast, international shipping. I’d recommend saving up and purchasing other items to make the cost worth it. Alternatively, you can go without the HDMI expansion card and purchase a USB-C to HDMI adaptor from Amazon.