Factory Seconds Framework Laptop 13 11th Gen Intel Restock Time

Good afternoon all!
I’m new here and I was wondering how long it usually takes for the Factory Seconds Laptops to be back in stock. I need a new laptop for college in the fall and have a very limited budget; so, when I found that I could get a great laptop for less than $750 I was extremely enthused. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy one before they went out of stock.
So, to reiterate my question, how long does it typically take for the factory seconds laptops to return to stock following their going out of stock?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There’s no set time. Framework are probably waiting for a return and a rebuild etc.

However for $750 I would have thought you could buy something, I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

I see a DIY for $499

When I select the $499 option, I get a dialog box that says “Get notified when this item comes in stock” which I filled out, but I wanted to post here as well to see if there is a rough timeline that it generally takes for them to come back in. Additionally, when going on the Kit page, the $499 option is greyed out.

Thanks for the reply either way!

Edit: When including the cost of RAM, other essentials, and tax the $499 option becomes the only realistic option for a framework since getting enough good quality RAM for a laptop is not cheap from what I have seen.

Unfortunately, looking back at the history of the introduction of the factory seconds:

This was a one-off.

(emphasis mine)

It looks like only the higest end units are left.

There may not be any more factory seconds, but refurbished units come up from time to time.

Yes sadly there are only British and German options currently.

There is a possibility you may find something here:

1 Like

They aren’t intentionally producing laptops with minor defects, so you’ll only get new factory seconds if some production mishap happens.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting one for the last 2 years and have been saving since then and now I can’t get one anymore. I can’t describe how it felt to lose the chance to get one. I’m only 14 so this came down hard. I can’t hardly see the screen of the phone as i’m typing this because of tears. Well i’m screwed. Next time Framework. :frowning:

Hi and welcome.
Tears are sign that you care even if it for yourself at such a young age.

Where are you as I thought there were some for the UK and Germany.

So what specs were you hoping/wanting to buy and close are your savings

The on I was wanting to buy was a 11th gen intel i7-1165g7 based framework laptop 13 factory seconds with the original display. My budget is around 620$ max. It is not much but the best I can do within one month. Thank you for your time.

I’m glad that someone understands. It’s hard using a old hand-me-down toshiba with a failing hard drive and a intel celeron 1005m. That’s been my daily driver for 5 years now and the hard drive recently died so kind of stuck with the back up computer that’s even slower. I hope I can get a Framework laptop some day because I need a daily driver that is reliable, upgradeable, and will always turn on when I press the power button. I have been a fan of framework for two years now and I first found out about Framework when I saw a linus tech tips about Framework laptop 13. I thought, Wow what an amazing laptop! I got to get one one day. So here I am. Hoping to get one. But maybe someday I guess.

Ah! I see from the dollars then that you may want the US version which isn’t available.

Keep an eye on the Market category

Thank you. I will look now.

Well I looked not much now but will keep a eye on it. Thank you for your time. And may I ask are you a employee of framework and if you are what position? Thanks.

1 Like

No I’m in the UK just a forum user who bought - coincidently - an 1165G7 in Feb 2022 when it was first available here.

I wish you all the luck in your endeavours.

:om:

Thanks for the advice and everything. I hope to get a laptop in the future. Thanks for everything!

1 Like

I just noticed, WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO SELL A FRAMEWORK LAPTOP. I guess it’s over for me. I will return someday. Goodbye…

1 Like

Some

I think you’re overhyping Framework Laptops. Yes, they’re nice, but they’re also new and have minor problems. Also, they’re relatively expensive for their specs.

If you’re a student with not too much money, yes, you can try to find a factory seconds or used Framework, but there are tons of other great viable laptops available on the market. Used Thinkpads are popular and easily available.

1 Like