Fan Control Software

Hi :slight_smile:,

just an info for all:
Tamtamhero wrote some code in his fan control software fw-fanctrl for the Framework 16 - see
Github PR Add AMD/16" support by TamtamHero · Pull Request #21 · TamtamHero/fw-fanctrl · GitHub
and the Github Issue [Feature] Support for Framework 16 · Issue #20 · TamtamHero/fw-fanctrl · GitHub
for more info.

We are in the last code testing phase and i assume the PR will get merged in the next couple days.

Also this brings in support for the Framework 13 AMD version.

Greetings

14 Likes

Amazing! Any chance to have something similar for Windows?

1 Like

Any windows fan control software for the 16?

1 Like

I’m a linux user and accordingly tagged this thread with “Framework Laptop 16” and “Linux”. I have not searched for any windows fan control software.

2 Likes

You guys may want to look into CrosEC, specifically this thread.
If you’re comfortable with working with the EC it won’t be too hard! Unfortunately, I don’t believe there’s any dedicated software on Win yet.

1 Like

Those who must add the program are the framework team.

now it happened - the Feature Request is now merged. Happy fan controlling everyone (linux users) :partying_face:

2 Likes

I don’t want to change the default fan curve, but I do want the ability to hit a button and toggle the fans to 100%. Is this something that software can do?

Sadly no.

But you could just make a keyboard shortcut in your Window Manager, which runs ectool fanduty 100. You need the tool ectool. Archbased Distros get it from AUR package fw-ectool-git.

You can also reset the fan setting with ectool autofanctrl on.

2 Likes