Framework 16 display panel

Yeah, I’m loving this panel too, the PPI is good, the 165Hz is smooth. Just waiting for KDE Plasma 6 to be available stable on Arch Linux and then I can apply color profile

With my setup I sometimes use up to two external panels

24" 3840x2160@60Hz 184ppi~ Dell
16" 2560x1600@165Hz 189ppi~ Framework
15.6" 3840x2160@60Hz 283ppi~ Stargate ( some panel I got from amazon )

Going back an forth between Dell and Framework panel there is not much difference but the stargate I do notice straight away I have to look at my screen a bit longer to determine what I’m seeing but I’m alright with that and I have the PPI set to default on KDE Plasma at the moment which I think is 96

I’m still thinking framework should look into doing an optional 3840x2400 panel because sometimes having higher PPI is not just about it being sharper or smaller for text but being able to have more pixel screen space when working with images, especially vector graphics, you just have to increase font size.

1 Like

I tried Plasma 6 from extra-testing without issues, but I’m sticking with hyprland.
It was a smooth experience, if you’re feeling a little lucky you can enable extra-testing and enjoy it today!

Regarding the panel, imo they chose great tradeoffs.
I think the FL13 should be first for a display upgrade, ideally to some 90Hz OLED if at all possible.

1 Like