Framework 16 RGB keyboard not connecting to VIA

Hey there, I have a Framework 16 with an RGB keyboard running on Ubuntu 23.10. I got my LED matrixes to work via the cli and I’m trying to get my keyboard to work to connect via (either webapp at https://usevia.app or the appimage). The webapp does detect they keyboard and claims it is connected, but the ui does not change (see image)

I was reading through several qmk docs quoting rule files and settings, but so far no luck. Where would I start debugging this (any logs, any hints WHERE it is failing)

Welcome to the forum.
Go to keyboard.frame.work instead. Framework has a copy of Via there. The Framework keyboard definitions aren’t yet known to usevia.app. So you’d have to sideload the definitions in order to use that site. Same for the appimage.

2 Likes

Thank you, didn’t know there was a separate via just for framework. Although, I stilll have no success there:

Edit: fixed it. Took the vid and Pid and added the to the /etc/udev/rules.d file like this:

# Keyboard
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="32ac", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0012", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess"