Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

I settled on this one too, absolutely love it!!

3 Likes

For the past few months I’ve been into dark, subdued backgrounds on my devices with dark themes, so here’s my simple variation of the work by @Tyler_S and whoever designed the original box at Framework.

13 Likes

I tried to combine Framework logo with Ubuntu logo, ended up with this planetary gearbox:
framework_ubuntu
Cons: feels a bit crowded
Pros: allows for 1:3, 1:4 and 3:4 transmission
Version 2.0
framework_ubuntu_2.0

31 Likes

Ooh! I love this one, It perfectly embodies what framework is about :purple_heart:, I will be using this on my computer for sure c:

10 Likes

If you would rather be fishing…

11 Likes

Stormy weather

9 Likes

@Robert_Kocourek That’s beautiful, I’ve been using the one of a plane from up higher on the thread by @JacobFavreault , but I’ll have to make my lock screen one and my home screen the other. I love it!

2 Likes

August sunset in Chicago taken from the Willis Tower. The building with the bright lights on it is the United Center where the Chicago Bulls play.

9 Likes

just set this as my wallpaper. well done!

2 Likes

actually I like this even better. every piece of art I have seen in this thread is incredible! so hard to chose

2 Likes

I like the fold-out logo animation. Maybe something like that which then becomes the KDE logo would be a good Plasma splash animation…?

8 Likes

@Caleb_Majeski, any chance you could share your inkscape source files? I’d love to make a Debian one.

1 Like

@Timothy_LePes check out my post where I made a splash screen for KDE

i hope it is up to your expectations

2 Likes

I made a Github page with most of the backgrounds uploaded here and in the backgrounds discussion page, if anyone wants me to remove their’s from the repository just let me know and I can remove it (since only a couple of them are actually mine)

6 Likes

Wow there are some really nice ones in there @martiandeath!
Before i even try, do i have your permission to create a custom KDE login theme with some of your wallpapers?

1 Like

@TCH yeah I don’t really mind what people do with the ones I made, I don’t really know how to do those kinda of things so go ahead

2 Likes

Made an animated version of this awesome graphic from one of the blog posts:
16:9 cropped GIF

Original size, uncropped webm:

24 Likes

RTR

This picture is scaled by 3x (after smoothing out all the jpeg compression loss), so the edges are jagged. Someone needs to smooth them out.
This picture is also standard 9:16 (or 10:16) but you can crop it to fit frameworks’ screen. There is a 1-pixel vertical line (at the bottom edge) and a 1 pixel horizontal line to define the “center”.
This picture only contains two colors. You can change the background/foreground by editing this picture with Microsoft Paint (or other simple picture editors) and use “fill with color” tool.

11 Likes

The closest I have ever seen is the symbol of “the ethernal engine” from the WarHammer 40K universe.
It wouldn’t really work, because either the hand need to appear too big (to be able to grab the wheel) or the wheel to be too large (to not have too much curvature) so the hand can grab it.
WH’s instance emphasize the hand. Quite weird considering the usual of emphasizing the gear (symbol of mechanicus adaptus)
However, the shape of framework’s logo is actually of great intrigue. The outside “tooth” resemble something like the Torx Plus, however the central “knob” suggest something like “security torx plus”, which in reality is 5 sided.

3 Likes