CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7 - 82.3%
GPU: Intel Iris Xe - 21.4%
SSD: WDC PC SN730 SDBQNTY-512G 512GB - 203.5%
RAM: Hynix HMA81GS6DJR8N-XN 2x8GB - 95.1%
MBD: Framework Laptop

2 Likes

@Bob_Hollis Seriously dude, throw out those results

User benchmark is complete trash, not a slight against you-just the site

If you want to benchmark your laptop that’s cool, just use reputable tools is all

1 Like

That’s very solid. I didn’t run it on the 1135G7 but I think the results are somewhat similar.

it is not complete trash. especially since it gives percentiles of the same components you have, so you don’t need a special program to see if your CPU is throttling or whatever. Or, grind away layer by layer the motherboard to see how the optimizations, connections and components they use. (e.g., cheaping out with PCIe 3.0 2 lane instead of 4 lane)

Either that all benchmark is trash, or that none of them are trash. Each benchmark has their specific algorithm and some bench might benefit from certain aspects while some might suffer. The point is to have some common metric to compare to.

1 Like

Yes…yes it is. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you…UserBenchmark

Find me a reputable reviewer that uses it as a tool

Anandtech doesn’t, LTT doesn’t, GamersNexus doesn’t, HardwareUnboxed actually created a video discussing the weighting changes-this one

Seriously, UserBenchmark IS terrible, the results in no way align with any other reviewer, so either UserBenchmark is the lone voice of reason or its results are badly out of alignment with reality

Here’s another result that is completely unhinged

It would be great to see side by side comparison between i7-11800H and i7-1185G7. Some of the other companies are using i7-11800H.

The 11800H is a 35-45W cpu, the Framework’s heatsink almost certainly couldn’t handle it for any sustained workload- its designed for 28W max.

2 Likes

The i7-1185G7 (as well as i7-1165G7) have much better graphics capabilities, at the cost of more moderate performances on traditional CPU tasks. They are more rounded, better for a wider variety of use cases.

1 Like