The Benchmark Thread - CPU Performance

I would like to see benchmark threads for every sub system. If you see one missing, feel free to add one.
I am only interested in benchmarks for FrameWork Laptops.
The intent of this thread is to give us a rough estimate on how the FrameWork laptop that we just bought is supposed to perform.
This will allow a new buyer to run a series of benchmarks to verify against these threads that the newly purchased system is working as intended.

CPU! We need a variety of CPU tests to understand the performance numbers for each processor.
This is NOT a race to see who is fastest. This thread’s purpose is to gather data points so that we can make sure our systems are performing to potential.

Geekbench 5 Geekbench 5 - Cross-Platform Benchmark Run the CPU Test and post your test URL here.

My specs:
Everything is purchased from FrameWork
DIY Edition
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
Memory: 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3200
Operating System: Windows 11 Professional
All FrameWork provided drivers
Benchmark: Geekbench 5 for Windows

Balanced: Framework Laptop - Geekbench Browser
(Custom) Best Performance: Framework Laptop - Geekbench Browser
“Best Performance” was not a plan available on my system. I had to recreate it.

My specs:

DIY Edition
Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™ (purchased separately)
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
Operating System: Linux Mint 20.2
Kernel: 5.14-1005-oem
Benchmark: Geekbench 5.4.1 Tryout for Linux x86 (64-bit)

I’ve been told these numbers are rather low. I believe it’s due to the new, untweaked, unoptimized kernel. But there it is.

I notice it’s a bit higher than yours single thread, a bit lower multithreaded. To me these results look pretty good?

I’ve also done other benchmarks:

1 Like

his single cpu score being lower was prob due to his power profile being on balanced.

2 Likes

Good eye! I have re-ran my benchmark and added and labeled both.
Thanks!
Note that my test is “as I run it” so I have a few things running in the back ground. Also, Windows 11 is not “optimized” or “debloated” at all. Just an install, and go.

1 Like

it still is reporting balanced. is it a mistake on Best Performance?

1 Like

It is set to best performance, but it appears that it is not having an effect. I even set it, then rebooted… Still the benchmark says “balanced” I will manually create a profile and see if that helps.

Edited: Added a “Custom” Best Performance plan. On the “new” UI, it gives me Best Power Efficiency, Balanced, and Best Performance. However, in the “old” UI the only power plan is “Balanced”

1 Like

DIY Edition

Storage: 1TB - Sabrent Rocket 4Plus NVMe™
Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Operating System: Fedora 35 KDE
Power Profile: Performance
All FrameWork provided drivers
Benchmark:

1 Like

pitty. seems to be a silly limitation.

1 Like

It is a known bug in Windows 11. I assume they are working on fixing it.

1 Like