FRWK16 - AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1 - ISSUES

My 2c: I reinstalled my drivers back from 24.9.1 to the latest Framework-supplied drivers after 24.9.1 broke Helldivers 2 for me. I didn’t have any other problems, but the game would crash pretty much as soon as I stepped out of the hellpod. That’s been my go-to for time wasting lately, so it was enough to make me roll back. Unfortunately, the latest Framework-supplied drivers are from before Helldivers even launched, so they come with their own set of bugs. Just not game-crashing ones.

I, too, would love to see some more frequent validated driver updates. 24.8.1 worked fine for me. And why do I have to go hunting for the latest BIOS, too? When I google “Framework 16 drivers” the top hit is the official drivers page and that still says 3.03. I would have had no clue 3.05 existed if not for this thread.

I have looked far and wide and haven’t found a firmware update for 3.05 for the Framework 16. I have seen a beta firmware update for 3.04 for the Framework 16 from July, but it was still in beta due to issues that were found. There is a 3.05 stable firmware for the AMD Framework 13 that was linked above, but it explicitly says:

Please note that this software is for Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series) ONLY!

For other Framework Laptops, please read the article located HERE.

The forum thread for the beta 3.04 firmware for the Framework hasn’t had any official Framework posts since July 31, except for @Destroya, on August 22, linking to a previous post, acknowledging that Framework was aware of (and tracking) the issues plaguing the update.

3.03 is the current version, we had 3.04 as a beta release. Driver package is updated last week (so that it can work with Windows 24H2).

Why not roll back to v24.8.1? As far as I’m aware, you can install any version freely on top of any other one.

The release of new bios and new drivers proves terrible For a gaming laptop, bios at the level of 500-600 euros, some kind of fraud…

1 Like

The Blackscreen Issue was already at the AFMF2 Beta Driver, that it still persist is pretty sad.

1 Like