48GB DDR5 is now available on the Framework Marketplace!

48GB-DDR5

48GB DDR5 is now available on the Framework Marketplace! This means your Framework Laptop can be upgraded or configured with up to 96GB of RAM.

We’ve also launched refurbished Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro® and refurbished Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 vPro®.

What else would you like to see in the Marketplace? Let us know in the comments below

9 Likes

It would be nice to see in the marketplace some replacement magnets for the bezel and for the lid frame behind the bezel.

3 Likes

Great! My laptop will have more system memory than my desktop!

Excellent stuff!

4 Likes

Is that compatible with the Framework Laptop 13(AMD 7040 series) product?

Hi,

In some other discussions, the question of power needed while suspended has come up.
It would be nice if the datasheet/info about the RAM gave power usage figures for while in use, and on standby.
Would FW be able to add that?

Why wouldn’t it be?
At least it’s also shown in the Marketplace after activating the
“Framework Laptop 13 - AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series” filter.

1 Like

Nice!
I had to source my 48GB sticks from Crucial (via B&H). Glad to know Framework is selling them directly. I’ve never used all 96GB, but I have gotten to about 70GB when doing a video project with a few VM’s running as well.

If I understood the announcement correctly it is compatible with all mainboard platforms that use DDR5 RAM. So 11th, 12th, and 13th gen mainboards would not be compatible. Everything else should be golden.

3 Likes

@2disbetter Thanks for the info! Though I’m pretty content with my 64GiB build it’s a delight that it can be extended even further.

1 Like