FW16 Batch 1 Guild

Has anyone with an RGB macropad module gotten their order confirmations yet? Sitting on the edge of my seat here

7 Likes

Not that I have seen

2 Likes

Never really thought I’d join the discussion, but has anyone else noticed that their touchpad spacers rise up about a mm towards the keyboard? I’m tempted to try to just tweak them into place. Yes, I have tightened the midplate, and made sure that there’s no shmutz between the spacers and the midplate.

1 Like

I would strongly suggest checking if the midplate sits correctly (all screws should be tightened evenly) I would also check the spacer parts to see if they are bent or warped. If you can share a picture, people can check it and comment on it better. And as always, feel free to reach out to support if you want them to take a look at it.

3 Likes

I’ve double checked the mid plate and it’s snug. I went through all the screws twice and made sure they were all at about the same torque. I don’t want to add to the Support queue if I can help it, I’m sure they have bigger fish to fry than my (as of right now) cosmetic issue.

Edit: After staring at my spacer I think it’s swooping up towards the inside, I’ll probably be sending support an email

4 Likes

I think I recall someone mentioning it in the user review forum.

Ah it’s a recent one too.

1 Like

I think I saw a post on YouTube about someone with that issue…

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9rU_5YnMDUPc0IP8NwZOig/community?lb=Ugkxpkm-kwpE5cgzWd2T1jlxfITfYbIU-i64

2 Likes

I’ve also managed to do it with mdadm and metadata 1.0 in the past; for some reason I can’t figure out how to make Nix handle it. So I’m going to go the boot.loader.grub.mirroredBoots route, it accomplishes the same thing and is slightly less complex.
I’ve gone through the install process maybe 10 times at this point :slight_smile: Goal is to get things reproducible.

1 Like

Arrived today (21st)

One of the side panels was a little bent but it’s not the end of the world. All in all it’s a great machine and the quality is wayyy better than I expected. Worth every penny.

3 Likes

That looks damaged. How was it packaged? You think it happened in shipping?

I’m still waiting to get charged. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, that looks actually damaged. I’d reach out to Framework for a replacement. OK enough for the meantime, but that’s some kind of damage, if it’s slightly bent like that. Unless you can manually bend it back carefully and be happy with it. Might be able to, carefully.

2 Likes

Nah it was deep in the packaging and attached to the laptop. Almost zero chance this happened during shipping.

1 Like

@nrp I hate to ping you directly, but you’d be one of the only ones to know how this happened lol

The trackpad and side panels were attached to the laptop already when I unboxed it and one of them is bent like this. Would this happen during manufacturing?

To be clear, I’m not bothered, it’s more of a mystery that I’m curious about lol

1 Like

Hey, please reach out to our support team directly (and feel free to ping me if you feel uncomfortable pinging Nirav)

5 Likes

Has anyone with the Linux keyboard been charged yet?

Or should I open an official support ticket and whine?

2 Likes

I opened a support ticket last week just asking if there was any problem with my order…
Their initial response was some canned answer to a question I never asked: “we cannot provide exact shipping dates”. Duh, I know lol.
I pressed once more and got a response that there is no issue with my order. So that’s what I have to assume is true.

I imagine you would get a similar response if you submitted a request.

The wait is more painful now that batch 2 and 3 are both shipping. Feeling forgotten. I do wish they would provide an update on what the hold up is since I’m NOT ordering the macro pad. I was hopping my support ticket would get that info, but they aren’t sharing.

4 Likes

Feeling forgotten… yeah, that’s a great summary of how I feel right now.

Forgotten Workstation 16 - Batch 1

2 Likes

Can someone with the numpad try this configuration, move the trackpad to the far right and put the two spacers to the left. This will shift the trackpad to the right, handy for gaming. I tried it and I don’t think it’s fitting right, something is bulging up (see picture attached)

1 Like

I am pretty sure they stated somewhere that the TouchPad can only be offset 1 spaced from the center of the keyboard.

2 Likes

You might want to reach out to support for this. But before you do, please make sure that midplate is seated correctly and the screws are tightened evenly. Maybe change the location of the spacers to find the root cause. It’s a bit hard for me to see the bulging from this angle, so if you end up reaching to the support team, please make sure that you provide pictures from other angles.

2 Likes