FW16 Batch 1 Guild

Thanks. I think I can then in a matter of 24h ask Fedex to change the delivery address. Would be more flexible then.

1 Like

Any else like me hitting the FedEx tracking site every hour or two to see where their bundle of joy is in the world? Mine is due to arrive in Ireland on Monday the 12th.

3 Likes

According to the FedEx tracking my package is now in Paris :person_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

From Stanstead to Paris in 3 hours? Good going! But unfortunately the wrong direction… :rofl:

1 Like

Fedex originally quoted the 12th for me as well, until it landed in my city and was on a truck this morning. Currently out for delivery. Less than 2 hours between me and a new PC!

5 Likes

Woohoo!!! (He yells living vicariously through your excitement)

1 Like

Hi Batch 1 Guild,

for those who have already received their FW16, please do me a favor and measure the thickness of the laptop body (open the lid and measure from the wrist rest to the bottom including the rubber foot). Optimally, take a caliper …

Background: I want to create a Laptop Stand, where the front slides into and holds it at an angle, so the screen is at an optimal height when using with a secondary screen.

Demo picture:

6 Likes

That’s awesome. Can we 3D print it ourselves?

2 Likes

As soon as I have the right dimensions, I will surely post it.

3 Likes

For anyone else who received theirs already:

Did you receive any paperwork (e.g slips/warranty/legal) or even the sticker pack that was supposed to be included for preorders?

1 Like

So I am batch 1 and they still have yet to charge my card or send me another email past the make sure your card is ready in three days. Anyone else have this?

4 Likes

Yes, same for many of us. Don’t worry. In about a week they will pick up again.

3 Likes

That is so disheartening. I had my old laptop stolen about a year ago and decided this was going to be my next. Waiting this long is killing me.

5 Likes

Check your email, there was an update just sent.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a photo of the inside? I see some spacers near the heatsink that aren’t present in the assembly videos. Wondering if this shipping batch included the fix mentioned in the seventh update.

3 Likes

Are they right under the keyboard? If so they might be to stop keyboard flex.

3 Likes

Yeah, there was just a 7th shipping update, they specifically mention keyboard flex. More unit to unit variation than they expect/want. The fix they’re experimenting with is adding some rubber pads in a few places. They’ll be adding it to manufacturing and ship kits to everyone else.

One other update we’d like to share is the deeper research we’ve done on feedback a few press reviewers had on keyboard deflection. We performed additional measurements on multiple units and found that there is some unit to unit variation, but that there is a greater range across the span of a keyboard in areas that could deflect more or less depending on the support structure below it. The target we’ve set is under 0.6mm of deflection when pressed with 400 grams of force, which puts the keyboard on par with the behavior on Framework Laptop 13. You can see a measurement below on one system with the keyboard aligned to the left, with some keys exceeding the 0.6mm limit:

EDIT: Here’s the posting on it Seventh update on Framework Laptop 16 shipment timing

3 Likes

Do these line up?

2 Likes

They are not that large. That is why I asked if anyone else had them

2 Likes

the exact same thing happened today, except the delivery driver made it to my front door before he told me he couldn’t give it to me

3 Likes