FW16 Batch 1 Guild

Until the one item holding up your order finally comes in stock, but the last stock of another item in your order had just gone out with someones batch 3 shipment, so you go to the back of the line again.

5 Likes

Not back of the line, but your order is then on hold. With better logistics this could be avoided, but as part of a preorder that was much larger than they anticipated, these sorts of SNAFU’s seem reasonably expected.

It sucks for those caught in between, but their goal is to charge and ship as fast as possible because they need to do that to survive. Not only are they buying parts from manufacturers, they are also paying for warehouse space. and every pallet they clear could be room for a new pallet of components they need.

Think of it like playing Factorio, if you have your setup buffering massive amounts of a specific tier n resource while waiting for a specific tier n+1 resource, you could overfill your conveyor belts, storage chests, etc and eventually run out of room for the components you need to build the tier n resource (which causes major headaches to fix), or worse run out of ammo to use against the indigenous xenolife.

EDIT: And now I want to play Factorio…

10 Likes

Is that happening? I don’t think that’s how it works.

1 Like

Maybe you all can help me, what part of my order has been announced as delayed? From what I understand none of it was.

System: Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (1 x 32GB) Remove Memory

Expansion Bay System

Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)

Customization

Numpad: Numpad Module

Laptop Bezel: Framework Laptop 16 Bezel - Black
Keyboard: US English
Power Adapter Region: US / CA
2 Likes

I dunno if it’s happening. I’m just making a joke of a likely scenario that would in fact delay my batch 1 shipment further. We are all just speculating on everything here anyway, even Curtis above you is speculating. None of us know the ins-and-outs of what’s going on at Framework.

3 Likes

That’s another thing. We don’t know what is delayed right now. None of us have the “macro pad” which was the major delay and all other keyboards should be in stock by now.

1 Like

Agreed, pure speculation on my part.

1 Like

Might also be that going back and filling up orders is something you need a bit better trained people for, while just working through fresh orders at the line needs less training, so new batches might fill pallets faster than going through backlog.

2 Likes

I got all the RGB widgets, and no shipping notices etc. The sacrifices I make for rainbow vomit aesthetics… :melting_face:

8 Likes

And what about your numberpad and/or blanking plates?
And what expansion modules have you ordered?

Any of these could cause a delay through shortage of supply.

2 Likes

its all there in my previous post, standard num pad and nothing special in plates on either side of the touchpad just the standard config. As for expansion modules, I had not heard they were back ordered since they are the same as the 13.

1 Like

Has anyone with an RGB macropad module gotten their order confirmations yet? Sitting on the edge of my seat here

7 Likes

Not that I have seen

2 Likes

Never really thought I’d join the discussion, but has anyone else noticed that their touchpad spacers rise up about a mm towards the keyboard? I’m tempted to try to just tweak them into place. Yes, I have tightened the midplate, and made sure that there’s no shmutz between the spacers and the midplate.

1 Like

I would strongly suggest checking if the midplate sits correctly (all screws should be tightened evenly) I would also check the spacer parts to see if they are bent or warped. If you can share a picture, people can check it and comment on it better. And as always, feel free to reach out to support if you want them to take a look at it.

3 Likes

I’ve double checked the mid plate and it’s snug. I went through all the screws twice and made sure they were all at about the same torque. I don’t want to add to the Support queue if I can help it, I’m sure they have bigger fish to fry than my (as of right now) cosmetic issue.

Edit: After staring at my spacer I think it’s swooping up towards the inside, I’ll probably be sending support an email

4 Likes

I think I recall someone mentioning it in the user review forum.

Ah it’s a recent one too.

1 Like

I think I saw a post on YouTube about someone with that issue…

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9rU_5YnMDUPc0IP8NwZOig/community?lb=Ugkxpkm-kwpE5cgzWd2T1jlxfITfYbIU-i64

2 Likes

I’ve also managed to do it with mdadm and metadata 1.0 in the past; for some reason I can’t figure out how to make Nix handle it. So I’m going to go the boot.loader.grub.mirroredBoots route, it accomplishes the same thing and is slightly less complex.
I’ve gone through the install process maybe 10 times at this point :slight_smile: Goal is to get things reproducible.

1 Like

Arrived today (21st)

One of the side panels was a little bent but it’s not the end of the world. All in all it’s a great machine and the quality is wayyy better than I expected. Worth every penny.

3 Likes