FW16 Batch 10 Guild

I’ve heard from others that it could be something related to digital customs clearance, don’t quite remember where specifically it was said though, nor can confirm that this is the case here.

I don’t think so, nobody cares about the empty containers :laughing:

What I would have thought, that the package might have been damaged while being handled, so it got sent back. But if you look closely, the entries appear before the packets are leaving a place.

Talk about sustainable and ecofriendly shipping XD – most likely problem on the software side of fedex ig?

1 Like

Estimated delivery date
04/23/24 before 6:00 p.m
Probably between:
08:10 - 12:10

If the container with the laptops flew on a Boeing, then the door may have collapsed over Cologne. I would check to see if there are a lot of FedEx packages lying around.

can you fly from Paris to Guangzhou by plane in 5 hours? :wink: :globe_with_meridians:

1 Like

I had ordered an SSD (not from framework) for the FW16 and it was supposed to be delivered with DPD (deutscher Paket Dienst “German parcel service”). DPD was supposed to leave it at my carport and I received a message about a successful delivery. But there was nothing to see in the carport… Asked neighbors, there was nothing in the mailbox and then you get nervous: was the package stolen? Checked the delivery history again and the delivery was marked as successful. The shop also has tracking: delivered. Called the hotline from DPD and a machine asked for the tracking number and then said that no one was encountered and that a new attempt should be made the next day (what was successful).

It’s not funny, actually, but it’s something like this that happens every day. I assume FW16 delivery will be on Tuesday 04.23.2024 (as further stated by fedex).

Here’s my shipping progress as shown at Guangzhou time of Saturday 9:00 PM. I’d been glancing at the headline higher up the screen, that arrival time was Monday and starting to make plans to be home to receive it. Then I looked more closely and noticed that the “Scheduled Delivery Date” is “Monday 29/4/24 before 6:00 PM”, over a week away! I’m hoping that’s their worst case scenario rather than a likely date.

I’d initially assumed that it had been put on a flight from Guangzhou to it’s next point, but it now seems as though it’s still sitting there, as flight time from there all the way to Melbourne is less than 10 hours, but no movement has been recorded.

Laptop arrived for me yesterday. Super fast shipping! I live in Michigan, US.

Got Ubuntu 24.04 Beta running on it without a hitch.

Also applied my DBrand skin. Didn’t expect it to match the texture of the hinge, but the matte black skin does!

I used one of the stickers that came with the laptop to put on the logo area so that you can still easily identify the brand

4 Likes

At least your package shows some movement today, mine has been sitting in Alaska going on 4 days now without any movement… And I’m starting to think I’m not going to get it Monday either at this rate lol.

This is mine (EU Germany)

After a romantic night in the city of Love, he is finally back in germany. Fingers crossed that he will come Monday

YES

could it be that the confusion arises due to the uncorrected time zones? You can certainly recreate this or try it out, but it’s too time-consuming for me.

I still have to create the c’t-WIMage stick, back up data etc. and I still have to work on all sorts of things here at home until Tuesday (says my wife :slight_smile: ), because then I’ll be busy for days… :zzz: if FW16 is on time

On the FedEx site you can easily specify how you want the times displayed. I’ve chosen Local Scan Time. Other options are Origin, Destination, or Others, which is your choice of world time zones.

I think my FW is stuck in customs. What should I do?

nothing. just wait.
its weekend, so customs will take some time.
Framework should have done everything that is necessary, so you can lean back.

A friend of me was on batch 4.
He did report to me that there was nothing to do with customs for him. Framework did take care of everything prior.

2 Likes

Same situation here (screenshot with local times)

I had that happen to me here in the US. All I did is wait, and it eventually got cleared after a ~3 day delay.

I have to watch my package carefully, last time I used Fedex there was a package from the US going through Paris. Once cleared (my package left there a bit after midnight), the package arrived next day at noon.

FedEx is strange! They took my laptop for a 24 hour sightseeing trip to Guangzhou in China from Angeles in the Philippines before returning to Angeles and then on to Singapore, from where I hope it heads towards me in Australia.

1 Like

So it arrived about to the local center in Belgium just after midnight. It’s like 30km away, I should just be able to go and pick it up instead of waiting for delivery TOMORROW! :sweat_smile: