FW16 Batch 10 Guild

Mine is at the local fedex facility, but if you look at the page in german, it says “Shipment not due for delivery” and if you select English it says: " Your package is expected to arrive on the scheduled delivery date " . WTF what is wrong with fedex it’s here but they don’t wan’t to deliver it maybe I should go the local store and just get it without waiting for tomorrow the expected delivery date.

Aftership tracking link said due for delivery Wednesday.

Plugging the tracking number into FedEx tracking this morning said due for delivery today. So I let my colleagues know I’d be WFH today… And it’s just arrived :slight_smile:

Laptop just got here. Everything works as far as I can tell. I’ll give a more in-depth look after my work hours.

just delivered

Waiting too, in the morning I assumed I wouldn’t get the package today, luckily I’m right for now because I am not home now.

Mine still says On The Way from 8:40 at Machelen.
No out for delivery yet… :pensive:

I was following the quick start guide, and it mentions a plastic tray covering the input deck. I didn’t see any plastic tray in my case. Has anyone else in Batch 10 run into the same thing?

Mine was delivered at 8am this morning (UK). Was scheduled for Wednesday! All set up now. Had some trouble with the power supply (of all things!) which made me then disassemble the entire laptop and put it back together again before thinking to check if it worked in my phone (no…) and then reseat it.

@igimenezblb - yeah there was a plastic tray in mine but it wasn’t really “covering the input deck” - it flew out when i opened the lid for the first time.

:sob:

The worst part is that the Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport is only 1h30 away from me…

Hmm. Definitely not a completely flawless experience. Driver bundle got stuck installing on stage 1 of 8 for 30m, and disabled my touchpad, so I rebooted windows and it bluescreened with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after sitting on a black screen for 5 minutes. Hopefully once all this stuff is updated we’ll be golden but not a good omen :upside_down_face:.

Edit: After a reboot the driver bundle is installing properly now.

It seems like my Framework went from being stuck in Alaska to being stuck in Memphis, since my delivery estimate was today, and it’s still there. That or the FedEx tracking hasn’t updated yet.

Hoping that the situation about clearances improve now that we are past the weekends. I think there is nothing we can do about these kind of situations except waiting (given that we are normally not responsible for the import this time).

1 Like

I had a plastic tray, basically the whole size of the laptop :man_shrugging:
Also removed the little blue tape covering what looks like a heatsink when I installed the SSD (I’ve only got one, a 2280).

SSD, memory, keyboard, spacers, screen surround, Ubuntu installed. Tolerances for spacers aren’t great, I may faff more or I may just get used to it.

I would like to figure out how to get the fingerprint reader to work for sudo (works for login). Had to disable IPv6 to connect to my wifi, no idea why but I guess it’s more likely something to do with my wifi setup (IIRC I don’t have any IPv6 devices).

Greetings from Berlin :wave:

1 Like

Same here

I hope our Frameworks have a good time together :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s their last time together :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is progress! 🫨