FW16 Batch 10 Guild

Same, but I don’t trust it, I would expect to see some update about reaching the border and/or customs clearance tonight or tomorrow during the day.

Hola
Ok for the rest of you Canucks, I called in to FedEx and the latest update they have, that is not showing up on our online tracker, is that the package(s) were released from customs around 9AM this morning. Nothing new. Given this, it is very unlikely that we will see anything getting delivered today… maybe tomorrow.

No reason for the online tracker not updating other that a system glitch… just had to happen to our batch eh?

I am in ON as well.

2 Likes

It arrived!!! First impressions are so great, I’m so happy. Now that it’s finally here I’m going to take it easy and slowly configure it how I like it (Im thinking of trying NixOS). And the lavender looks way better than the photos, the camera doesn’t do it justice. Also all the stickers are so cute. Im so happy!!!

7 Likes

Ah, Memphis. My Framework has been there since the 21st. I even got a call on the 22nd saying, “Your package will arrive by end of day!” It didn’t do that, sadly. Seems like it’s still in Memphis too, despite the fact that a FedEx plane flew to my upstate NY city this morning. Another seems to be scheduled for tomorrow, hoping my FW will be on that plane.

That’s great news, thanks a lot!

from QAM’s reply it seems we’re all experiencing the same tracking system glitch, it seems the shipment that came into Memphis on the 21st has stopped showing tracking updates for some reason.

1 Like

Ohh I didn’t see their reply, thanks for letting me know. Guess it’ll be a surprise when it comes lol.

Memphis waiting room, woo!

Its here! From last night I was hoping for today, but given various delays, wasn’t allowing myself to get too excited. It arrived at about 2:30pm. Now I’m sitting down to assemble all the bits. :grin:

The “memphis bug” was resolved last night with the first tracking update in winnipeg, shipment then made it to mississauga and then to mirabel QC, and is now out for delivery, I’m guessing all the folks from ontario will have seen similar movement on their packages(towards their shipment addresses), I wish everyone else good progress.

1 Like

Yep, mines out for delivery too. Says before 12pm but we’ll see about that xD

Hola
Just received mine, but haven’t had time to open this treasure chest of goodies :smiley:

Best of luck to my fellow batch 10 members.

1 Like

While assembling it, installing the memory and 2 SSDs was pretty straight forward, I’ve a few comments and one major problem.
1. Dissapointment. The touchpad can’t be placed on the right side when the keyboard is on the left side. I’ve found where they acknowledge that this a consequence of the design. I wanted to separate the alignment of these as much as possible because on most laptops the back of my palms often trigger unwanted cursor movements. The partial offset helps a bit, but more would be better. I hope that enabling this full offset can be added to the list of future upgrades.
2. Annoyance. The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth didn’t appear in Windows until I loaded the BIOS and Driver bundle. I was able to use a wired ethernet connection to complete the loading of Windows, but some people may not have that option availabe.
3. Annoyance. The colour setting of the screen is unreasobly saturated. It’s noticeable on Youtube but if I turn on the camera for zooms my complexion looks as though I’m about to drop dead from a fever: I appear ridiculously red. I’m sure I’ll find it eventually, but can anyone point me to where I can adjust this in Windows please?
4. Major problem! I installed both a 2TB SSD and a 4TB SSD, both WD Black. They’re both visible in the BIOS settings , which I left on auto for the boot sequence and I was pleased when Windows installed on the 2TB drive. However, once Windows was working it became apparent that it didn’t recognise the 4TB drive. Only the single, 2TB drive is shown. I’ve lodged this as a support request.

Re: SSD not showing, am I assuming that you haven’t upgraded the laptop to the latest BIOS release? It has mention about fixing the OS dropping one of the SSD during suspend operation or similar. Not sure if this is related to your issue though.

was the 4tb drive visible in the windows installer? if so, can you check disk management?
right click the windows button in the task bar → disk management
it just might not be initialized/formatted

sorry if you’ve already checked that, just my tech support/mommy brain wanting to help lol

3 Likes

Mines in!!!

2 Likes

WOOO I got mine about an hour ago!!! I can’t put it together yet but I’m so excited!!

1 Like

Mine arrived this morning and is now on the way to me :star_struck::partying_face:

It was there in the BIOS and I then ran the BIOS and Driver bundle but its still not there.

Mine just arrived, will be setting it up this evening.

2 Likes