FW16 Batch 10 Guild

For #4: I thought this happened to me, but in reality Windows wasn’t showing it because it needed to be partitioned, formatted, and assigned a drive letter. After doing that, I have had no problems with the second drive.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thats all that was needed. After reading a bit about the tool I set it up and all is working well. :smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Always happy to help c:

Well, my SSD D: drive is there - occasionally. The 4TB SSD is there and working but if I leave the computer and come back to it a bit later the D: drive has often disappeared. :face_exhaling: A reboot brings it back, but clearly something is wrong. I’ve loaded the BIOS 3.03 and driver bundle first thing, so that’s not the problem. Didn’t someone mention something about disappearing drives?

That sounds like the bug fixed in 3.03.

Just to be safe, I’d recommend double checking that your bios is actually on v3.03.
If it is, I’d reach out to support bc yeah something’s wrong lol

Hmmm BIOS reports BIOS Version/Date INSYDE Corp. 03.02, 23/01/2024 even though I ran the bundle update. I’ll run it again.

Edit: It seems that the first link presented on the page telling us to load 03.03 is actually a link to 03.02! https://downloads.frame.work/driver/Framework_Laptop_13_and_16_AMD_Ryzen_7040_driver_bundle_W11__2024_04_02.exe . The correct one is running now!

1 Like

Interesting, hopefully things work as expected now that you’re on 3.03 c:

Luckily for me the BIOS update gets shipped as part of system updates on officially supported Linux distros, so all I had to do was install Fedora, and reboot a couple of times to apply all the patches and I’m up and running!

1 Like

Popping in from batch 11, how long did it take for yalls FW to boot?

Only using the small sdd slot with ubuntu 24.04 beta, my computer restarted in about 26 sec (measured with stopwatch app on phone).

Starting up only took less than 22 sec.

SSD: Western Digital SN740 1TB

I meant the first boot, I’ve been waiting a while and I still don’t have any display :frowning:

Sorry, I didn’t measure, did you also check the leds between the top 2 expansion card slots at either side? It should not take too much time, but it’s a bit waiting (let’s say, more than 15 sec is I guess worrying if there is no reaction?)

Also, on my first boot, I had to connect the charger.

Yeah, have the charger connected, it’s flashing red blue blank

Gonna reseat with only one of the sticks, I’ve heard that can be an issue

red blue blank means the kb and/or spacer modules (installed beside the kb) (and/or touchpad) are not installed

i had issues on first boot as well, turns out one of my ram sticks was dead (purchased separately)

My framework arrvied today. Installing RAM and SSD was simple. I love this laptop. Its my first powerfull laptop. The spacers are not algining 100% with its surrounding modules but its only a minor issue. The display is amazing and the overall performance feels amazing. I am extremely impressed and very happy that I decided to buy this laptop last year.

1 Like

What batch were you in? Did you get a 1 6?

This is the discussion about batch 10 s
:wink: And yeah of cause a framework 16 the framework 13 does not have any spacers

So after using my 16 for a few days, I’m really happy with it. The only issue I’ve had with it so far was the track pad module has the bent corners issue. While looking at the mid plate, I happened to look down at the trackpad module and notice how warped it was. (Sorry for the bad pictures)

Fortunately I was able to easily bend it back into shape and now it sits even with the side spacers.

2 Likes