1 Like

Just received the preparation email too

1 Like

Email: received
Excitement: revived

2 Likes

MEOWWWW
I just received the mail too :heart_eyes_cat:

Very exciting! Now I can soon go back to being a sane person who spends less time looking at the Framework 16 on Instagram, YouTube and all other places it can be found :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got my mail :eyes:

+1 … now to buy some RAM, I’m thinking Kingston Fury, what are others doing?

I got some G.SKILL Ripjaws, because it was cheaper for 32GB by $50 to Kingston’s without being something obviously worse (I didn’t look too closely at the specs exactly, mind you). But also, main reason, I could find validation by users working well on FW16 easier.

Yep, my email came about 12 hours ago! :smiley:
I’m using FW’s RAM, but I have 2 SSDs waiting in my desk: a short one for the OS & Programs and a long 4TB one for data. Now I’d better go and buy the USBc Ethernet dongle I’ll need, as I don’t like FW’s external lump of an Ethernet port. When I’m at my desk I’ll plug in my 32" UHD monitor, which will be great for photo editing.
This will be replacing my ancient desktop machine. It’ll be interesting see if I end up upgrading as many parts of this machine as I did on my desktop over the years. I certainly hope to have it for many years!

Got my email at about 8:00 PM yesterday, I can’t wait!!!

When checking my mail i did realize that there was the numpad missing in my order. I did contact support. I hope they can still make this change to my order before charging my credit card.

what are the dimensions and weight of the FW16 package? that i should receive?

I went with these (I intend to add a 2280 at a later time.)

Crucial 96GB kit
Sabrent 2TB Rocket Q4 2230

approx 21x15x5 mine was 10.5 lbs per fedex mind you this is in inches.

I think you can’t boot off the 2230, do you have a 2280 as well for the short term?

1 Like

Hmm, but just now I’ve read you can boot off the 2230 :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Can’t install Windows on 2230 ssd?

i can confirm im running os on 2230 extra storage on 2280. the latest bios fixes the disappearing SSD issue.

3 Likes