FW16 Batch 10 Guild

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a 512 gb 2280 that I’ll plan to keep on hand

Is the new BIOS installed as standard?

I was let to believe we could! Can someone confirm this please? I want to run Windows and install apps on my 2230 ssd and use the 2280 for storing lots of data.

1 Like

I would suggest to do it the other way and install the OS on the 2280 SSD. The reason for this is that 2230 SSD do not have enough space for DRAM cache. They are slower, especially with random IO. So it is better to store your data on the 2230 and install Software and OS on the 2280.

But to answer your question, some people did report that they have managed to install Windows in the 2230 and Linux on the 2280 for dualboot that uses the BIOS to select which system to load.

I’m ready!!!

5 Likes

I have the same ram and ssd! (well mine is 2tb but that’s more than enough, I’m coming from a 256gb laptop ahaha)

3 Likes

You’ll be singing ‘Caravan of Love’ next …
(Lyrics here).

Hyped!

1 Like

I’m ready, too

Also ordered this skin from dbrand: Framework Laptop 16 Skins, Wraps & Covers » dbrand

1 Like

Thanks schentuu! I have WD_Black SSDs, a 2TB SN770M 2230 and a 4TB SN850X 2280. While the 2TB might not be quite as quick as the 4TB, its faster than many, and I expect that it should have enough room for DRAM cache. I’ve a lot of RAW photo files that wouldn’t fit in 2TB, hence my planned configuration.

1 Like

I hope we will be getting charged today. Please update this thread if you are so that others can do their own checks. From what I read from the other batches, you may not be informed about it from Framework but rather from your payment processor.

1 Like

I am running win 11 pro on the 770m and have 3 friends that are running their laptop on a 750/770(dramless80mm) 1tb/2tb(assorted) in one case, my friend with the 750 stated it feels much faster still than his xps15 9570 did initially with the 512gb Samsung pm950 it came with my other 2 friends wouldn’t know they bought their laptops refurbished from dell with 256gb ssds and they wanted the cheapest reliable drive so went with the 770 and that’s why i went with the 770m as it was a known product in a way. I noticed no speed difference personally going from an SN 810 2tb (Gen 4 OEM of the sn850)

And similar to you have a lot of large files and games that I want to keep on the truly faster drive.

TLDR As long as you don’t fill the dramless drives 100% or even 90% you won’t notice i run ~1/2 empty/full on boot drive…. remember its one of the few TLC 30MM SSDs most others are QLC

I guess Framework will charge our credit cards tomorrow.
The reason is that today the users in the batch 9 guild did report that they had received their shipment mail. And in the past cards were mostly charged one day after the previous batch started shipping. Which makes sense when you think about the fact that framework employees have to do one thing after another.

2 Likes

With today’s limited access to EV chargers, and the relative incompatibilities / non-working chargers, seen by the public who have EVs, I would suffer from range anxiety if I ever owned an EV.

In the same light, I am anxiously awaiting for my credit card company to notify me about our payment… But nothing yet.

Am I the only batch 10 person in this predicament.

Nope, I’ve been repeatedly checking my cc for pending transactions. Nothing yet. But I do have an EV and range anxiety is a thing although a bit less than I thought it would be…

1 Like

Having this hanging over my head is making me anxious. I wish they’d charge me already.

1 Like

Judging by the timestamps of a few posts about cards being charged on other threads, I’m estimating we get charged today around 2pm EST.

2 Likes

My bank did receive a charge on my VISA card, but it has not been processed, yet. But i’m pretty sure that Framework is charging our credit cards right now

1 Like

I see nothing about reserved money here yet on my cards

i’m sorry, seems to be a false alarm … my bank wanted me to confirm a VISA payment … but that used to be the dbrand skin for FW16 … so i guess payment from framework will be handled later :sweat_smile:

1 Like