FW16 Batch 11 Guild

Okay, so from some extensive research, it appears that the light sequence is divided into two parts:

1. The white light signals the start of a system diagnostic
  2. The orange light signals the start of the post code section

The system diagnostic checks the various components you have connected and attempts to initialize them. Green means success, red means failure.

I have found the list of diagnostics in this article:

However, it is for Intel Gen 12 boards, so I am not sure if it applies to the AMD ones, but, from what I’ve seen, Framework 13 AMD users seem to have had success with it.

So, given your particular sequence of lights (6th blink after the white being red), it appears as though the TouchPad is not being detected. (The last red blink is most likely an orange one, signaling the start of the post code section)

This could be due to a faulty TouchPad module, in which case contacting support is the only way forward, but, what you can do is check that the TouchPad is seated well, and whether it is in one of the supported configurations, stated here:

Now, regarding the post code, I was unable to find any useful information, as it appears to return the sequence BGGGBBBB, which translates to “10001111” in Binary or “0x8F” in Hex. Unfortunately, this code is not included in this github article that most users use to figure out the issue with their Intel boards, and neither is the reversed code “11110001” or “0xF1”:

Therefore, my best suggestion to you is - try reseting the TouchPad in the meantime, and hopefully your issue gets resolved ASAP!

The red light I had gotten was the chassis intrusion interrupting the code, when assembled the code does not have any red Lights, as per my edits

1 Like

Makes sense! Best of luck in sorting it out!

1 Like

I was home the whole time but they are saying there was a failed attempt :frowning:

1 Like

Same thing with me!! Ahahahahahahahahahaha

I didn’t even get a card saying they couldn’t reach me.
I hope i can just pick it up somewhere tomorrow.

If the same person tries again monday they might just say i wasn’t home again…

1 Like

I just got mine, in Ottawa ON.

Just got mine delivered today!
!

I need to run out and grab a USB flash drive for the OS, but seriously was nervous about doing the install of the RAM and SSDs, but everything went by with a breeze. There was a very tiny tiny imperfection worth the touchpad, but thankfully it was a spot I could bend back into shape and it fit PERFECTLY.

3 Likes

Does anyone else have their laptop seemingly hotter then you think it should be? at idle mine sits at about 55ish, to 60, while basic tasks like a video playing seems to go up higher? I also notice the fans trying to cool it but it doesn’t seem capable of cooling it as only cold air comes out

Still need a primary ssd tho, but it’s here

2 Likes

I had similar issue and had to remove and reinsert ram and ssd like 3 times before boot. It didnt boot with both sodimm in place at first i was only able to boot with slot 1 populated and even then took much longer than expected. Mine seemed doa for about 30mins while trying a bunch of things. Also keep in mind wont boot without a power cord connected to it.

I’ll give this a try tomorrow morning, I only tried the ram slot thing about once so perhaps doing it a few times might help?

Mine delivered Friday in the afternoon!
2230 ssd and 2280 ssd installed. Memory installed. All very easy.
Updated bios with the efi usb method to 3.03

I had some trouble booting to uefi, but when Windows installed (first) I could enter uefi via Settings.
F2 does not work. Does anyone know why?

Debian 12 / testing installed. All working well. Now with kernel 6.6 from backport.
I’m very happy :smiley:

1 Like

Got mine on Friday, dyslexic so, I didn’t read anything. Went together with no problems. Downloaded Windows, Driver updates, and bios updates. Everything works great. The only thing I had to lookup was how to change the RGB keyboard. Function key (fn) and e and d keys to change the preset. Very happy with the FW16!

1 Like

Mine only just arrived (shipped on the 24th, delivery to UK), but I am super busy for, like, a week D: I did open the box and tap the keyboard and macro pad for a fix

1 Like

Mine should arrive tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

Mine has been delivered to me in Brisbane, Australia about an hour ago, already put it together and am installing Windows right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just arrived. Can’t wait to put it together!

1 Like

Just finished putting it together. Trying to install my OS but noticed my keyboard isn’t fully working. Some keys aren’t working and my arrows only sometimes register. Time to mail support and hope to get it fixed :crossed_fingers:

Edit: just also found a scratch on some of the function keys :*(

Mine arrived on Monday (29th)
Been updating everything now and it seems to all work fine.
Also ran the FFXIV benchmark and it seems like it can handle it without having to buy the GPU although i am still considering it.

3 Likes