FW16 Batch 13 Guild

Thb for me it doesn’t really matter, as I am out of town until the 3rd, so if it arrives on the 3rd it’ll be perfect. Even 4th would be great as I would be able to get some stuff gone before I will be completely gone tinkering with my new laptop :smiley:

1 Like

Yup. RGB Clear ANSI and RGB Macropad Module

But, I also bought some stickers that I plan to add.

Nice! I also went with that configuration. Eventually I want to get my hands on a clear bezel

1 Like

Hello Alex, I still have not looked for stickers, are there some half transparent ones there, so the RGB-light shines through? If possible I want to check, how fast I can used to COLMAK-Layout. In the past I tried Dvorak and it was quite nice, but not usable for gaming. It was a Dvorak-Keyboard, so switching layout was not one hotkey combination.
I also was thining about the RGB-Macropad but I changed to the MATRIX LED to play around a little bit.

The background is transparent while the text can be a different colour.

I couldn’t decide, so I went with different ones as well.

See photo

I plan to use my label maker ( Ptouch 1010 ) and make some clear ones while I try to decide what layout I’d like to have.

A bit more work… but, at least I can keep the nice letters for when I’ll know the layout.

For a split keyboard, I used a label maker and a hole puncher to make them nice and round.

Photo

That looks quite nice and I didn’t expect someone else is using a split keyboard (I use the Dygma Raise 1). I wanted a column one too, but couldn’t afford it at the time.
On the other hand I think, the framework community is a bunch of special people.
Do you use Windows with the Ptouch? Or a Linux distribution?

Exactly what I was thinking, I guess the probability of finding someone here, that shares some unique tech related hobby is rather high. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thx. I started working on the split keyboard quite recently.
That’s the case used for prototyping. With a bit of luck, I’ll have the final one this week.

This is the label maker PT1010 | P-Touch Labeller | Brother UK .

Is just a really basic one that I bought ages ago.

2 Likes

Soon, we will be charged, already looking into my bank account more often than ever before.

And while I did, I had a look at the weekly limit of my visa card, so the payment wouldn’t be rejected because of it. I advise you do the same, folks.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t we get an email beforehand?
I mean I have everything setup and prepared already, but I was tini tiny bit bummed when I didn’t see a payment processing email today after waking up.
I kinda mentally prepared to get the laptop on monday or the following days next week.

There should be an email beforehand, but I’ve read in other batches threads, that is not always the case.

Just like @Coro_Dedd said there should be an email but I’ve definitely seen a bunch of people not get that email and still get charged anyway.

Based on what time I have seen other batches get charged it should be 3pm-5pm CST or 10pm to 12am CET (I think this is the one that includes a lot of europe)

So, Central Standard Time converts to Central European Summer Time +8 Hours. That would mean between 11pm and 1am on thursday the 2nd.
Since for many europeans these are sleeping times, my guess with the 2nd wasn’t that bad xD

I’m not working the next two days and on weekends, so I’ll be most likely awake tonight. Just have to be patient and see, if I catch the moment or going to sleep first.

My bad. I was looking at CET not CEST.

Nevermind. It is 7hrs right now due to the fact that we don’t share daylight savings dates.

Why are there so many of these “standards”?
If UTC were simply used uniformly, everyone could easily calculate it for themselves

1 Like

I’m at college right now and am having it ship to my parents house. So I just have to hope they are there when it arrives to sign for it.

That’s fair. I just don’t believe most people know which zone they are in, so I just used where I’m from which is central to North America and a central zone in Europe to make it easier for most. UTC is very useful for exactly what you said though.

At least Swatch was about to bring a globally standardised time, but it didn’t prevail, Swatch Internet Time.

It would’ve been the same everywhere on the world, e.g. 11am UTC would be 500 beats SIT and it would be 500 beats SIT everywhere, so europeans would work by then, while US would still be asleep and Japan is thinking about what they’re having for dinner.