FW16 Batch 16 Guild

@infrared
I think my laptop is chasing a mouse. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you make sure your trackpad issue wasn’t due to missing driver on your Windaube install ?

Mine just cleared customs at CDG (FR).

2 Likes

About 45 minutes ago it changed from “On the way - Dubai World Central” to “On the way -Dubai World Central (DWC)”
I’ve been tracking a FedEx flight from Dubai to Paris with Flightradar24 but I’m now doubting mine’s on that aeroplane.

No that is the route my Batch 12 took too. It seems the plane stops off in India and UAE to drop off and pick up other freight. Then it stops at Paris where the UK items get seperated from the European freight.

The Taiwan->Phillipines->China is because they don’t do a direct flight between Taiwan and China for obvious political reasons.

Hi.
I get the feeling FW wish us to read the instructions before we start! :slight_smile:

I have received 2 emails now from them mentioning it, one in the shipping email, and another today.ETA for FW16 for me in on the 24-May-2024. I.e. 2 days from now.

I will be reading them while my FW16 laptop gets over its jet lag and world tour of countries between Taiwan and UK. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I installed the driver pack from the latest pack, and bios 3.03. When that did not worked I moved the track pad to the right (it won’t latch in if I try far left), and still nothing. I also have rebooted after every change, and fast boot is off.

I then tried letting the laptop fully discharge, and still nothing….so then I extracted the driver pack and tried manually installing it. No dice. At no point has it shown any signs of life.

Now a Bluetooth trackball works just fine, and is the preferred pointing device…so I am waiting to see if this is driver, win 11, or hardware issue.

P.S. the keyboard works, but I can’t get the backlight to work as well. Space + FN makes the backlight flash, but does not turn on or adjust the level.

So something else may be going on with my mid plate.

Pp.S. I have hit this install with sfc /scannow and all the normal commands plus a reg dive, and at this point I am stumped…hence why asking support for help.

You put in a ticket?

To my ears, this sounds like a hardware problem, but it could just be a loose cable somewhere?

1 Like

Mine is just traveling back and forth between Germany and France… I live near Cologne so this is killing me😩

2 Likes

When I took off the metal frame to get my RAM and SSD installed, I accidently pulled off the connector to the IO bus that connects the keyboard and the trackpad/etc to the system. They designed it nicely with a ribbon cable that lets loose vs ripping (thanks Framework!) but the connector where the ribbon goes between the motherboard and metal frame could be loose, which might explain the problems you’re having. I’d double check that.

3 Likes

Just got mine today!!!

1 Like

I read somewhere that it should be just a glitch caused by how FedEx handles customs

3 Likes

I did this as well, after forgetting to unplug the connector (Item 1), because I had left the midplate screws undone while I fiddled back and forth with different SSDs. I ended up giving up and waiting for daylight, along with a good head magnifier so I could see that I was getting the cable into the connector on the midplate properly - it has to be properly dead square on and pushed right home before putting the clamp down, THEN stick the cable to the sticky stuff on the midplate.

2 Likes

I was thinking about that as well. Would be really inefficient

1 Like

Doesn’t mean it isn’t true, though.

Either this is down to something about how FedEx and Customs work together (or fail to work well together); or Customs is suddenly being a deliberate pain in the tuchus because these are coming from Taiwan, despite Framework being a US company.

1 Like

This didn’t age well. FedEx was saying by noon today (about 30 minutes from now) yet it’s still sitting in Alaska. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Mine seems to be in the same situation.

3 Likes

I have the same timestamps on my tracking too, our laptops might even be on the same pallet.

4 Likes

With me that makes four of us. Same timestamp as well. It was supposed to come today before noon, but when I woke up it was still in Alaska. Worked from home and watched the fedex truck drive by.

2 Likes

Same pallet sub-guild! We get to wait in anticipation together :slight_smile:

My RAM still hasn’t been shipped yet anyways, so I’ll keep waiting.

4 Likes