FW16 Batch 16 Guild

Got mine yesterday, all set up with a 2TB T500, 96GB of the mushkin redline ram and the Qualcomm wifi 7 card :slight_smile:.

Running windows 11 with WSL. Downloading Destiny 2 to see what the GPU can do.

2 Likes

I don’t remember seeing any wifi options. Did you buy that elsewhere? :eyes:

Maybe I should look into that before assembling mine… Though as long as the stock card is at least wifi 6 I don’t know if I’ll care. :thinking:

1 Like

Batch 15’s just got released. Had to check the FedEx page to see it though. You might want to check again.

1 Like

Still stuck in Anchorhead…er…Anchorage, but maybe that means the queue is moving, at least!

1 Like

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I love how eager we are together to get our laptops :slight_smile:

We’re actually the third largest topic in the Framework 16 category

5 Likes

I mean, my 11th Gen FW13 has been my daily driver for everything but gaming since I got it. Since my job is a Bring-Your-Own-Device shop, it’s my work machine as well. It handles everything I’ve ever thrown at it, and knowing I can actually fix it if something breaks (nothing has!) makes me happy.

I don’t even need The FW16. I just want to support this mission, and along the way, get a laptop with more GPU capability :smiley:

2 Likes

I harvested it from https://a.co/d/7ub0A5W

The mediatek one I was getting wifi&bluetooth interference when using them at the same time (streaming 80Mbps movie and sending audio to Bluetooth stereo). Doesn’t happen with this one… I didn’t do a whole lot of science on it though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was actually in Batch 1 of the Intel 11th gen FW13, but I backed out and cancelled at figuratively the last minute after getting the heads up email back then, so a Batch 16 FW16 will be my first Framework device. Hopefully more powerful dgpu expansion modules are released later on.

Interesting that this guild thread is so large, I guess it has to do with how it’s been open for awhile with active interest being one of the later batches, and unlike earlier batches where shipping seems to have gone smoothly there’s been some bumps with customs and Fedex.

Hopefully Fedex can get a move on with more of the laptops heading to the US stuck in Alaska, as the “deliver-on-weekdays” only shipping restriction and changing/undetermined estimated delivery dates makes it hard to be prepared to receive it.

1 Like

Try adding all the batch guilds together … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep. I’m tempted by the “Hold at Location” button, but I hear that could add a day to the shipping, but maybe it could mean I can pick it up on the weekend? I’m not getting many answers from google.

Last time I preordered anything it was the Nintendo Switch, and I screwed something up so everyone got theirs on Friday and mine was stuck in the nearby UPS distribution facility until after the weekend. It was maddening knowing my package was in that building down the street but I could do nothing to get it.

1 Like

It depends on where you are. But in a lot of places you have have it “delivered” to like a Walgreens or Office Depot, then you would be able to pickup any time they’re open. If you have it held at their delivery depot, the hours could be weird, but it could be a good option for some.

1 Like

Ah nice, clever. I hate that sort of interference. Did you have any issues hooking up the antenna?

(is that even an issue with the FW16?)

I was a dev & admin for years, burned tf out and switched careers. Was very happy to take a long hiatus from computers.

Then Nirav shows up with his modular freakin laptops :dizzy_face: and makes me like computers again. Quite a feat. I’m hyped as a little teenager lol

Lez GO FedEx stop teasing meeee

4 Likes

After months of waiting it is ready. And they warn you that the mouse pad will be janky until the bios are updated.

4 Likes

Hello from a batch 16 lurker :smile: I received my order yesterday (had to be the fastest I’ve ever seen a package move half way around the world) and spent the evening setting up Windows 11 and Fedora Linux in a dual boot. I had the privilege of going hands-on with the early prototype at LTX last summer and have been waiting to own one since. I’m happy to report that my first hours of use have had no issues with the assembly, UEFI updates, and software installs :+1:

4 Likes

It’s making a break for it. Run laptop, run!!

5 Likes

I believe it lands in Memphis first which is ≈6 hr flight. Not that I’m like… obsessing about it or anything :dizzy_face:

Excellent. Good to know bc Fedora’s going on the moment mine arrives, but I’ll probably relegate Win 11 to VM prison on the off chance I need it… if I put it on at all. Can’t wait to put Winfroze behind me :pray:

1 Like

My package just transited through France. I have to say it is quite exciting to follow the journey haha.

Ok this turned out to not be a hardware or software issue…it was a bios issue. I had not gone into bios at all, and a support rep listed this as the last thing they wanted me to try. Turns out resetting bios fixed both the trackpad not working, and the keyboard not lighting up!

For troubleshooting, kindly try to set the BIOS to default settings. Please boot into BIOS by tapping the F2 key just before the Framework logo splash screen. Press the F9 key to set to Optimal Defaults, and lastly hit the F10 key to Exit and Save Changes.

Next my hubby got both God of War and Solid Works working on his new laptop.

4 Likes