FW16 Batch 17 Guild

OK - I just received my shipping email! It should arrive by the end of next week. :crossed_fingers:

Guys! Itā€™s here! Iā€™m so lucky I live like 7 minutes from work. It was supposed to be a delivery for next Wednesday, but I saw that it got through Memphis and to my local region hub before I even woke up this morning, and then I got to work and realized it was in city. Then I got the text notification that it was out for delivery planned for 8:50-10:50 am. I got home at 8:40 and it showed up at 8:43. :saluting_face:

4 Likes

I also got my shipping notification! Iā€™m beyond hyped!

Just got my email. IM SO EXCITED

I was on track to get it Wednesday too. But like two minutes after reading this post I got an email from FedEx saying itā€™s going to be delivered Friday, 24MAY.
I was going to put my headphones in and listen to music while I worked, but I think Iā€™ll keep an ear out for that doorbell instead.
:sweat_smile::ear:

8 Likes

Holly hell, same thing. I just checked and itā€™s on vehicle for delivery! :exploding_head: Time to intently watch the doorbell camera.

I saw how fast it was moving and thought maybe there was a chance for afternoon delivery, but probably Tuesday with the holiday weekend. Out of the factory and in my hands in 29 hours is wild. I also did the FedEx delivery manager so I could pre-sign for it, but I made sure to be there with how things have gone for other FW16 buyers and FedEx. I even sat with my chair next to the front window just in case they tried to pull the ā€œwe knocked, no one was homeā€ deal.

1 Like

My shipping information now says:
In transit
Ā· Arriving on May 29, 2024 (Wed)
Weā€™ll see when it actually arrives! :crossed_fingers:

Finally! Someone picking up the meme slack. Thank you for your service and contribution to this forum.
:pray:

3 Likes

Just got my Framework 16. Iā€™m a little scared to open the box since it has a noticeable dent in the side like it fell on something really hard. It kinda looks like the Wojack Caveman memeā€¦ pic related.

a7e-2622319011

1 Like

FedEx must have applied the Courier Transform

9 Likes

Schrƶdingerā€™s Framework
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

OK, out with the camera, and take photos before cutting the tape. Then more photos at each stage of opening.

1 Like

My status is charged, but not received shipping e-mail yet.

Nice to see in another topic of the forum that a recent FW16 receiver found the finish of his unit better than he expected :smiling_face:

:saluting_face:
Iā€™m using a Rite in the Rain notebook with a 5 inch / 13 centimeter ruler on it for scale.

2 Likes

First Impressions:
Setup was a breeze.
The instructions for DIY assembly were super since DIY isnā€™t really that intense and it mostly just gets you familiar with the features of the laptop. Fit and finish is perfect for my tastes. One of my touchpad spacers is a little high, but no risk of scratching or scraping as others have stated. all parts went together flawlessly, and the bezel does not seem to be pinching anywhere. ALSO THE EXPANSION CARDS ARE SO TINY!! I didnā€™t realize just how small they would be and that they would be so cute looking! :joy: I was very careful with the SSD screw since some have had issues with the head snapping off during install. Also no noticeable gaps between the keyboard and numpad nor the touchpad and spacers.

RAM trained within 30 seconds as I was prepared for the 24 minutes some people experienced with Crucial RAM. I brought my SSD from my previous laptop which I had upgraded in prep for getting the FW16, so I didnā€™t have to go through a Windows install process.

First boot was good, and I used my phone in USB tethering to get internet connection even though I got the ethernet card because I didnā€™t feel like digging out a cable or unplugging the one from my desktop. I used the link in the startup email (that came 4 hours after my laptop haha) to download the drivers and BIOS update. It was a little weird not having the wifi, sound, and a few other elements running, but after one reboot for drivers and a second for BIOS, everything is running well! Some more updates from Windows because my previous laptop was not able to upgrade, so it was still on Windows 10.

Screen looks great, but I have never had an OLED laptop screen, and my personal laptops have never been more than 1080p. The feel of the device is wonderful. It definitely feels like a $2k laptop to me, and so many details are just right. lots of thought went into this design and It looks really good. The coating on the glass touchpad feels so smooth and I just want to run the cursor around even though I donā€™t like touchpads that much. Keys are nice a bright with the backlight, and Iā€™m not a keyboard snob by any means, but they donā€™t feel mushy and they type well. Also I didnā€™t like how the touchpad was placed while I was typing this, so I FREAKING TOOK IT OFF AND MOVED IT MID SENTENCE. This thing is a beaut and Iā€™m so happy with my purchase. Fellow Batch 17ers: It was (and will be for those who havenā€™t gotten it yet) worth the wait.

3 Likes

Mine just walked through the door. Said was coming Wed.

anticipation really growing

People getting their laptops today, when did you get the shipping email? I just got mine this morning (US) and itā€™s still in Taiwan so I assume mineā€™s coming Wednesday like it says.

I got mine yesterday morning. About 5:15 am EST. But I was watching it go through at each stage, and it was in Alaska about 12 hours after it was picked up by FedEx.